social icon - open in pop-up

Support desk for Multipurpose Quark Theme
GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:23 pm
Hello,

Social share (see https://demo.gavick.com/joomla3/quark/blog/designed-for-you ) do not open in a pop-up or new page. Is it possible to change this?

grt

Adri

Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:44 pm
Hello,

Are you sure? For me only pinterest causes small issue due HTTP loading (it will work on other pages without SSL), but I will fix it in the next update. G+, FB and Twitter are opening new pages with sharing details.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:04 pm
Hello Dziudek,

I'm shure. I try your demo site in Chrome, IE and FF and on all it is the same. It opens in the same page as the website.

grt

Adri
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Sorry, but I'm unable to reproduce your issue - I've tested linked page with my browsers, on the browserstack and in all browsers it is working fine for me - additionally there is no similar reports.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 pm
You right! It's a problem with my PC settings (on my tablet it's shows right).
Sorry about this and taking your time.

thanks

Adri
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:56 pm
Hello,

Back again :)

Please can you take a look on my website http://www.pupwebdesign.nl/ontwerp.html
When i click on FB the page open in the main page, not i a new page. I have got this problem again on all devices.

grt

Adri
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:51 am
I cannot confirm - for me it is working fine at Chrome on my Mac, safari on my iPhone and through IE10 on Windows7 emulated on the browserstack - please ignore it or please disable this feature and use standard social api. And still you are the only person who reports this issue.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:11 pm
I'm so lucky, i'am the only one :)

I'm glad that you test my site and that it works for visitors
TOP support!!!

thank you Dziudek
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:24 pm
I know that it can be strange, but often the user issues are local - that's why I always use Browser stack - then I can see the results on a clean browser which opens a website from other part of the world - I think that we can trust these results. Of course if your users will complain about the issue - we will analyze it deeper, but currently it looks like a single case.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:41 pm
Hello,

I try browserstack and there is the problem the same. The social link open in the same page: http://www.pupwebdesign.nl/over-ons.html
No matter i can use another social moudle.

thanks for the support

grt
Adri
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:16 am
Finally I've understand your issue - you want to open the link in the new window like target="_blank" - we will add this feature in the nearest update.
Administrator