display of 'check availability' module does not fit screen

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:00 pm
either on my quickstart server or your own demo:

https://demo.gavick.com/joomla3/hotel/? ... 098=1#form

Parts of your layout seem to drift off the left side of the screen at the bottom of each returned result. I've talked to solidres and they say it is something to do with the template. Can you help? Or tell me how I might fix this? Not sure how to search for a solution to this.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Hi

Can You please add a screenshot with the problem ? I'm not sure where I should be looking for it.

GK User
Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:12 pm
I've had to start over from scratch twice already and will have to do this again. if you look on your own demo, the link is in my post above, you will see that any response from the check availability module returns a results page and there are parts of each result that run off th eleft side of the page. so it seems there is something not right in the template itself in displaying the results of that module/solidres.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:02 pm
Hi

I've visited the link, but I cannot see anything wrong here. If You could just point me to the right place You are talking about I would be able to help. A screen with the issue would be best in this case.

GK User
Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:30 pm
mfrostuk wrote:either on my quickstart server or your own demo:

https://demo.gavick.com/joomla3/hotel/? ... 098=1#form

Parts of your layout seem to drift off the left side of the screen at the bottom of each returned result. I've talked to solidres and they say it is something to do with the template. Can you help? Or tell me how I might fix this? Not sure how to search for a solution to this.

I also had this problem, and was able to fix it by updating the following in the custom.css of the template:
(Editing file "/css/override.css" in template "gk_hotel".)

.reservation_asset_item .main-photo {
margin: 75px 0 0 0px !important;
}

.reservation_asset_item .main-photo img {
max-width: 740px !important;
}

.alert {
margin-left: 0px !important;
}

#solidres .button-row {
margin: 32px 0 0 0px !important;
}
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm
I will see if I can figure out how to do this. As it turns out, I have started completely from scratch -- this is the fifth time i have scrapped this server and started over! Solidres support has worked very hard with me to try to resolve the update issue with your quickstart but they believe the two of you should work together as we have not been able to make it work properly.

Currently I have started over by installing Joomla via Softaculous and have installed your template without added components and media. I have then installed latest version of Solidres and it's modules and plugins. Solidres now works.

Sadly, your template does not. I was trying to change the logo through the template backend and the interface of that is really messed up. None of the proper display labels show, only the file names for those features so the button labels are unreadable. I have a png of that screen attached
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:26 pm
HI

Please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp. I've never seen such behaviour, would like to see what can be wrong.

GK User
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:02 pm
Here are some screen shots of the problem. you can see that some elements are running off the left side of the screen. One of your users messaged me that they too had this problem and believed it was something to be rectified in the css of your template.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 pm
Hi

I have never said it wasn't a problem in our template, but I need a site to test it and to tell solution to this issues. So please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp also a direct url to pages with problems (those from screenshots will be fine). I will see what is wrong and fix it for You.

teitbite
Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:36 pm
Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
#solidres .alert,
#solidres .coupon,
#solidres .button-row,
#solidres .reservation_asset_item .main-photo {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
}

teitbite
Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:46 pm
I just found ftp and was tying to add it on my own, but I think I do not have a high enough permissions for my ftp user. I cannot see any files after login. Anyway, try add it Yourself, so maybe by access via ftp will not be necessary.

GK User
Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 am
i've been travelling and just got back last night. do you want to email me the file so i can upload it to the server or perhaps give me specific instructions on what to do? or would it be better if you had ftp access?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:44 pm
Hi

I just need an access to Your ftp, but with the access You've send me there are no files visible. It can be a wrong ftp access or my ftp user does not have permissions to see it. Please check that.

GK User
Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:29 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
#solidres .alert,
#solidres .coupon,
#solidres .button-row,
#solidres .reservation_asset_item .main-photo {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
}

OK,i've pasted thius into override.css but how do i 'enable' it in settings. i see in the tmeplate general settings a line that has a drop down asking for override folder and it only offers 'none selected'
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I just need an access to Your ftp, but with the access You've send me there are no files visible. It can be a wrong ftp access or my ftp user does not have permissions to see it. Please check that.

OK, turned on override and it seems to work...at last!!!
thanks for the help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:22 pm
Hi

Great to hear that :) Glad I could help.