Quickstart Installation brings 1146 error

25 April, 2016
GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:07 pm
First I tried to install the quickstart package at my NAS which totally failed by the last step.

So I decided to give a try at my real hosting, it worked to the end but now I have a 1146 error at the "Home" site: An 1146 error occured during your request.

Is there anything I have to look for then a "normal" installation?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:44 pm
After install german language files, the error has gone!?!

By the way, the "Author" link has an 404 error... At the backend at the menu point to Author page I have found this: "Strict Standards: Declaration of K2Element::render() should be compatible with JFormField::render($layoutId, $data = Array) "
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:59 pm
same error here.
Please, help us..
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 pm
1146 error = VirtueMart
Best Regards!
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:13 pm
I can't even get it installed. After uploading, extracting and navigating to installation folder just getting 500 internal server errors. I have installed many quickstarts the exact same way, is there something corrupt in quickstart package for box?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 pm
It works for me well.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:07 pm
I have the same problem in Hostgator hosting. I modified the .htaccess file but the problem persist.

Any suggestions?

1option wrote:I can't even get it installed. After uploading, extracting and navigating to installation folder just getting 500 internal server errors. I have installed many quickstarts the exact same way, is there something corrupt in quickstart package for box?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:29 pm
Update VirtueMart bug fixes
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 05, 2016 5:24 pm
If you enable Virtuemart database tools /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config
and then administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration

Click on "Install/update tables" error is gone but looks like so are all products which shouldn't be. A response from Gavick would be great right now. Are there supposed to be products in quickstart?

Looks like module "Visit our store __Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing consectetur.__"
is throwing errors since there's no vm data. Maybe try to disable module and see if error goes away.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 15, 2016 8:01 pm
The installation didn't work without any error message. The blue bar doesn't move further than round about 40% and then the Installation routine jumps back to step three! The database is filled with content, but the configuration.php is not created!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 15, 2016 10:04 pm
I just checked the following issue: The template hotel is the last one which I could install in my XAMPP v1.8.34! The templates Box, Technews and Portfolio ended with the blue bar at round about 40% and then the Installation routine jumps back to step three! The database is filled with some content but some tables are missing and the configuration.php is not created!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 16, 2016 5:03 pm
Overtone69 - using XAMPP for the template preview ?
try to use Bitnami
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 22, 2016 10:43 pm
Thank you for the tipp with Bitnami, but XAMPP worked perfectly for Joomla, Developing and many more things! I checked it out for all other users of XAMPP with this result:
The Joomla template "Hotel" ist the last one which works properly with the portable XAMPP v1.8.3.4. The newer Templates like Box, Technews and Portfolio works only inside the installed XAMPP, not in the protable version, because it is not even possible to install these three templates!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:37 pm
Guys, two things: After installing QuickStart, add ANY other language for VM, and turn that Lang on in VM's configuration. The 1146 errorr will be gone foreva! )))
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 pm
Have the same problem like overtone but not a xampp. I use my own server.
The installation breaks at database installing. Not possible to finish installation.
I use mysql 5.1. Is there a update needed?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 pm
Is there any solution. Cant use any new quickstart anymore. Not possible to create tables. Use Mysql 5.1.73-1. Is there a newer one needed? Please help urgently!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:26 pm
Cant anyone help me please?
Fresh Boarder