Is It Possible? Force Only Articles With Images...

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:22 pm
Simple question - and if I have to actually modify the module itself to make this possible, I'm game to do that as well - but is there a way to possibly force the GK News Display to ONLY display articles that have Images associated with the article.

Not all of our news stories have images associated with them, and when they are in a category where the News Show module is displaying images, it really distroy's the layout of the articles in the module.. Especially if the module is set to display with the NSPHover function playing...

If there is NOT a way to do this - could we maybe see this as a feature request in future releases?

In addition - to help with other layouts, the option to force articles WITHOUT images only would be extremely useful as well...

Hope to hear back from someone... I'd really love to utilize some of the fantastic features in GK News Show but it seems to require all articles in its display have the same "features" available to show...

Thanks!

Robert J. Hantson
380 Network / 380 Mercury Community Network
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 am
Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to don't display articles without images. And we won't implement this kind of feature, because it will slow down the module output - for every article module should check if there is an image, and then load again additional articles to fill lack of the articles.

But there is an option to solve your problem with destroyed layout - default image. In the cache/default directory please put an image where name is the module id (usually nsp-XX where XX is a module ID in the module manager).
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm
dziudek wrote:But there is an option to solve your problem with destroyed layout - default image. In the cache/default directory please put an image where name is the module id (usually nsp-XX where XX is a module ID in the module manager).

OK - I actually don't have a cache/default directory - so I'm assuming I need to create one... does it matter if the image is a jpg, png, or gif?

And by the way, this actually solves the problem if this is all I have to do... I'll play with it in the meantime and try to get this to work... Thanks dziudek!

RH
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm
It is strange that you have no the cache/default directory - are you using NSP GK4 v.3.0 or higher?

The full path to the image in relation to the module directory is:

Code: Select all
cache/default/defaultMOD_ID.png

So in example for the module with ID nsp-95 it will be:

Code: Select all
cache/default/defaultnsp-95.png
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 am
dziudek wrote:It is strange that you have no the cache/default directory - are you using NSP GK4 v.3.0 or higher?

Yeah, I found it, I was looking for it in the root cache directory, not within the module path itself... and thanks for the clarification on the full file name... I was using nsp-ID.jpg rather than defaultnsp-ID.jpg so this should take care of the problem!

RH
Junior Boarder