Upgrade World News II from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:46 pm
Hi,
I am trying to upgrade my site to Joomla 1.7 from 1.5. I did try to initially install the world news II 1.7 Quickstart package but it shows nothing. I re-downloaded the zip file again and tried it again but kept having the same problems, so I downloaded the 1.5 Quickstart package which worked just fine. Now, I want to upgrade it to joomla 1.7 but I am afraid of having the site get messed up.

Any pointers on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:49 am
Hi,

Do you mean that you can't get a QuickStart installation of J1.7 work? If so, please PM me your FTP account then I will check for you as you are not recommended to install a J1.5 version to upgrade it to J1.7 because it's waste of time :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:24 pm
Hi Don,

The Quickstart of J1.7 that I downloaded from the site always seemed to install properly but when I navigate to the link after completing the installation, all I get is a page with scattered data on it. That is why I chose to install the J1.5.

However if I get you correctly are you saying I can't upgrade from J1.5 to J1.7?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:40 am
Hi,

I thought that you couldn't install J1.7 package so you decided to install J1.5 one first then would upgrade to J1.7. I can't guess anything till I see the issue and diagnose.
Platinum Boarder