"Articles" displaying when it shouldn't

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:12 pm
I have a module wich contains a word which is linked to an article.

When i press that link it displays the title of the article correctly except in displays "Articles" and after that the name of the article. The word "articles" is not supposed to appear.

Now the weird thing... this only happens on the HOME link wich is defined as the website default page. I know this is because i changed the menu default homepage to another link and it stopped showing the "articles" before the title of this article.

You can see it in action. www.cepe-canada.org/website and click on the link on the right which says "ESCOLAS COMUNITARIAS" and u'll see "artigos" written before the name of the article.

But if u navigate to another menu link and press escolas comunitarias u'll see that it doesn't show the "artigos" before the title.

I've checked every setting on the menu link and in the article and on the link itself using the editor.. so what's wrong ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 pm
Hi,

Open: \templates\gk_twn2\html\com_content\article\default.php

Find this code to remove:

Code: Select all
<?php if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading', 1)) : ?>
   <h1><?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_heading')); ?></h1>
   <?php endif; ?>

Then let me know if it helps. Thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 pm
Thanks!

that worked.
I have another problem.. that link leads to a page with the article and nothing more then the article, when it should have the right column enabled.

I know the only way this is possible is to assign a menu to that link.. but the menu link would have to be hidden because the only link i want to appear is the one on the frontpage.

I believe the best method is to create a menu with the same link to that article as it is on the editor code, put that link as only visible to special (any other method that can hide it) and then i can assign the modules to that article ?

thanks for all help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 am
Hi,

In order to override the layout of your article page, you create a menu item to assign to that article, then use the menu item ID to put in to Layout Override section of template setting, learn more at http://wiki.gavick.com/joomla-templates ... ut-part-1/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:45 pm
Thanks Don!

A final question. Is it possible to use the Gavern Framework in order to display a default layout to EVERY article ?

I have another 2 links like that one... i would have to create plus 2 menu links and do what u said. By applying a default article layout i could assign the right column to every article links and save time.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:01 pm
Well, actually i found a better way to do it.

I checked the link u send me and i saw that inserting com_k2 on the rule it applies to every k2 page.

The easy way i did it was to create a menu link to that article on the footer menu (which is not on the website). When on the editor, creating a hyperlink it allows me to link the text to a menu so i assign it to the correct footer menu link and all worked fine.

So i didn't need to apply the item rule on gavern.

thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 am
Glad to hear that. There is another way to change layout for all items that is to customize layout file \templates\gk_twn2\html\com_k2\templates\default\item.php

Enjoy customizing the site!
Platinum Boarder