frontend K2 editing - is it possible?

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Hello,
Ive installed TWN II from quickstart and I have no possibility to edit any of the articles from K2 component. Is it normal? I'm building small portal with frontend access for submitting and editing new articles.

I'm using normal, standard edition of the Joomla 1.7 with TWN II template installed from shared quickstart.

My problem is not showing edit links in the fronteend on the K2 articles. It is displayed on the normal Joomla articles.

In the backend, when I'm creating menu position I have not possibility to make a link like as "submit new article" in K2 section. Is it normal?

regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 pm
Front-end editing is one of K2's staples and trust me I used to hate K2... all you have to go is add any user as a site owner.
1. Go to groups and make sure there is a group with Site Owner as it's user level.
2. Go to K2 users and find your profile edit it and select Site Owner as the User Type.
3 Go to the front end of the site and make sure you are logged in, on category views and on the articles you will see a grey box with a link to front end edit.
Platinum Boarder