Facebook login does not work

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I’ve a problem with the facebook login on the website http://www.sxminfo.fr

I entered the app ID in the template, the app ID and secret key in the plugin and set auto-register on “enabled”

When you try to connect to the website via facebook, it asks your FB authentification, good ! But after nothing happens… still not connected

Does anyone know what’s wrong ?
It's a really important feature for this website

Thanks !

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am
Hi Sandra,

There might be something wrong when you set up your app on FB like not providing redirect URL... please check this document for more details https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -6/fb-gk4/

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:04 pm
Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply.

For information, I'm not using FB Gk4.

In my FB app, I indicated the url http://www.sxminfo.fr for the redirect url. Really don't know what is goign wrong. I really need a solution, it can be so easy for users to connect to the website thanks to their FB account

If you need an access to the website, do not hesitate.

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:14 pm
Yes please go ahead send me a PM to provide with access info then I will check further for you.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:06 pm
Don Lee wrote:Yes please go ahead send me a PM to provide with access info then I will check further for you.

Thanks,

Hi Don,

No problem ! Could you please give me your email address ? Can"t find from where I can send you a pm...

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 am
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 pm
Don Lee wrote:Here you go Sandra https://www.gavick.com/forums/user/compose.html?i=pm

Thank you,

Hi Don,

I just wanted to know if you receveid my PM ?

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 pm
Hi Sandra,

There may be something wrong with your Facebook app settings, I have changed it with mine and it works well, check the site to see.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 pm
Hi Done,

Thanks for your reply.

I just clicked on "login with facebook", but it's not working : I've this facebook message : "Une erreur s’est produite avec Don Test. Veuillez réessayer tard." (an error occured with Don test. Please try later).

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:37 pm
It was because I changed my app's setting to test with another site, you can try creating new app to test again to see, I'm sure that it will work.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:02 pm
Hi Don,

I'm sorry to bother you again. My facebook login still not works. I think I must do somthing wrong with my app configuration

Here it is :
fb.jpg

If you have a little time for me, could you help me find what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm
Hi,

This was my app settings http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/585/4767655719.png

I now can't access your backend to test anymore.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:12 pm
Hi Don,

Thanks for the capture. I forget to put a namespace. Now it's done.
Now, when I click on login with FB, it says that I'm connected but in fact it seems that I'm not (cannot post comment on articles, the login buttons are still "connexion" and "s'incrire" and not "my account")

You can go again in the admin.

Thanks you very much for your help

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:02 pm
It's really weird, now I can login but it can't redirect. The template may be not working properly, can you please perform an upgrade for it to the latest version first?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 pm
Again, thank you for your help.

I'll upgrade the template during the next week-end (less visits during the week-end, so I prefer making all updates on Sundays...) and I'll get back to you next week to tell you if it's working or not

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am
It would be better if you backup the whole site and install it to another place to test rather than doing everything in live site. However I will wait for the result.

Have a nice day,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:25 pm
Thanks Don. Don't worry, we backup this website several times a week, we always test an update on localhost firslty.
I'll get in touch with you next week.

Have a nice day

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:31 pm
Hi Don !

I hope you're fine !

I upgraded (with no issue) this morning to 2.10 but unfortunately, still the same, facebook login is not working

I have to precise that the website is hosted on "sxminfos.net" and I have a redirection rule in my htaccess so that the website is displayed with the url "sxminfo.fr"
Do you think it can be the reason of the dysfunction of the facebook login ?

Have a good sunday

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Hi Sandra,

I don't think that's a problem because you have provided sxminfo.fr as domain name in your Facebook app so it shouldn't point the .net one. I'm checking the site again with a developer and will let you know if I find something.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:09 pm
Hi Don,

Thanks for your precious help. Just tell me if you need your access to the admin.

Another question : do you know if there is a plugin that can allow the facebook comments to be published automatically on the website in the k2 comments and/or can allow the k2 comments to be automtically published on facebook (there is a plugin doing this for WP websites but I didn't find one for Joomla) ?

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 pm
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 pm
Hi Don !

Thanks you for your message and advices.

I'll have a look to these extensions.

Best regards,

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 pm
Hi Sandra,

Have you picked up a suitable one to use yet?

Regarding the problem with FB Login, I haven't heard any update from the developer yet and I will let you know when we find a solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:00 pm
Hi Don,

As always, thank you for your message.

I didn't have the time yet to see in details these extensions. I'll get in touch with you to tell you if one of the extensions is ok for what I want. It can be maybe useful for someone else !

For the moment, I think I will unable the facebook login, until the next update. Wait and see !

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder