Migrating Corporate 2 to Joomla 1.6

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:08 pm
Hello everyone,

I am considering using Corporate 2 on one of my websites, but I need the advanced user ACL that Joomla 1.6 has. So I'm thinking about migrating Corporate 2 to J!1.6. I believe that Gavick team has a lot work now working on the Gavern and exploring J!1.6 themselves. So I'm wondering if there are others who are willing to use Corporate 2 with J!1.6? Maybe we could work together? So far I've managed to update userdetails.xml, error.php and am looking into css changes and various functions used in this template.

One of the errors I get is:
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /public_html/beta/templates/gk_corporate2/libs/gk.template.helper.php on line 665

Anybody has an idea about this one? I believe we have to add declaration for JParameter to be visible..

Edit: Ok, adding
Code: Select all
require_once ( JPATH_BASE .DS.'libraries'.DS.'joomla'.DS.'html'.DS.'parameter.php' );

helped. The template is loading on J!1.6 :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm
we do not give support on 1.6 yet. templates will not work for j1.6

neither will we do it - since we are developing our own template framework
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 pm
New Frame work??? which makes sense for a more powerful situation as we all just got to chill and wait. I know it sucks but it is what it is and with no time table to go on i guess we just act like J1.6 isnt here until one day we get the good news the templates for it are - so for now enjoy the demo J1.6 site on your servers as its pretty neat stuff :O)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:45 pm
here you can read a bit about our own framework

http://www.gavickmagazine.com/home/item/183-gavern-framework%E2%80%93an-introduction.html
Platinum Boarder