Extending the menu to the width of the slideshow

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 pm
I do not want this really to be seen as a modification as i am not trying to change things up but simply make them look some way good and usable!!!!

I only have 3 menu items (I know the attached has more but this is simply an example) so therefore the menu looks terrible on this template as it seems to shrink to the right depending on the number of menu items added.

All I want to do is extend the menu section to the left all the way (ignore the logo I have moved it) and make sure that it does not shrink and simply stays where it is.

I am not a coder so any css tips would be handy here and much appreciated as I cannot understand this shrinking of the menu items off to the right. Thanks in advance.

screen-menu.jpg
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 am
add this to the override.css and enable it from template manager > developer
Code: Select all
#gk-nav { width:100% }
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:44 am
this will also push up the logo, and you don't need some other code to do this ..
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 am
As i say in my original post the logo is fine I have this working where I want so ignore the logo element.

This takes care of my logo - I added it to the end of the template.css so I just need help with this menu.

h1.logo { position:absolute; top:-53px; }

#gk-wrapper { margin-top:70px; }
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 pm
i know, but the code above will still push the original logo up :)

this was more of a good to know, not a need to know :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 pm
Hmmmm i think my original post is being mis read - this is not about the logo - but if we do need to consider the logo - I have pushed the logo up yes - because the menu has to go to the left - Is there another way to do this without pushing the logo up? And again the logo has nothing to do with my original post - its the menu I want to push to the left.

I am not sure what you mean by your line - this was more of a good to know, not a need to know as again my original post was about the menu and no the logo?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:05 pm
Hi

I would use this code:

Code: Select all
#gk-nav {
float:none !important;
}

but only if the logo has been removed.

GK User
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 pm
This is perfect solution for me. Exactly what I was after and so simple - thanks again
Gold Boarder