Slideshow problem in Internet Explorer Only

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm
Hi there, I have a slideshow problem in Internet Explorer only and I hope someone can help. Basically the slideshow works fine in all other browsers but in IE it creates almost another full area below the main image and its just strange to be honest? See attached the massive blank/light blue area that is generated under the slideshow in Internet Explorer only!

Also I can supply the URL for this if someone can give me there email or whatever as the site is not live just yet. Thanks in advance :blush:

slideshow-issue.jpg
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 pm
Shameless bump on this as I am still having this issue in IE
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 am
Hi

Me! Me! Send me an URL to it :)

GK User
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 am
haha - dont get to excited now haha :) I appreciate the help mate - il email on the link now and open it up in IE 8 or any other IE -across all other browsers it works great - so its a frustrating one.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 am
Hi

Have You fixed it ? I see it ok under IE7 and IE8 ;/

GK User
Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:02 am
No I have not fixed it at all - I have tested it now on 3 computers and get the same thing on all 3 - a really and oversized slideshow like my screenshot above.

I tested it on a laptop on IE8 with Vista and its all messed up.

I tested it on PC with Windows XP with IE7 and IE8 and all messed up.

I tested it on a friends computer and all messed up.

Il test it some place else today and see what I get - weird its working fine for you. After the first slide rotates it really messes up.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 pm
Hi

I know such error happen once because I've been giving solution to this (it's in the forum, but I had no luck finding it).

Try to add a module class suffix " h320" (a space befor it is important) in the module settings and add this part of the code to override.css (please remember to enable using this file at template's parameters):

Code: Select all
.moduletable.h320 {
height:320px !important;
overflow:hidden !important;
}

GK User
Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:12 pm
Hi there, I tried this and no luck. I enabled the override.css in the template backend to make sure it was being read but no luck. Still same issue but its fine in all other browsers! :unsure:
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 am
Hi

Have You added module class suffix "h230" to the module settings ?

GK User
Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:10 am
Hi there, ok sorry I forgot to do that. I have done that now and its fixed the large space underneath the slideshow however now there are a few more new issues created. The menu bar is now hidden behind the slideshow and also the navigation on the slideshow to go to the next slide or back to the previous slide is now really high up. I took away the background blue image that is hiding the menu now but still even if the menu shows you cannot click the menu. Is there something else that can be done?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:43 pm
Hi

Please put the space in front of this new class suffix and use this class instead:

Code: Select all
.moduletable.h320 {
    clear: both;
    height: 320px !important;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
}

GK User
Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:09 pm
That worked perfectly - thank you so much - it was a real headache due to so many using IE - god I hate IE :) Its working great now - thanks for your persistence with this.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:23 pm
Hi

There os still problem with arrows, but I do not have time right now (my little daughter got 3rd birthsday today :) ). I promiss to be back to this problem also.

GK User
Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 pm
Oh yes I only see now that the arrows on the slideshow are now missing! But dont worry about it until next week of course - enjoy your daughters B-Day - happy celebrations mate
Gold Boarder