Multilanguage Site

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm
Hello,

i have a german website. Now i want an english translation.
I already could create the language buttons and the englich content.
My problem is now to put the english main menu to the main navigation (GK Extra Menu).
What module position is the main manu?

Best regards
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:47 pm
Hi

Menu is a static element of a template and not a module published in module position. You can follow this instruction to learn how to deal with this problem https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... oomla-1-7/

or use Falang component to translate content which I found much easier myself.

GK User
Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:34 pm
The Translation works so far...
I just need the name of the modul position in the sporter template where the mainmenu is shown, so that i can create a module with the english menu.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm
Hi

Mainmenu is a static element not a module. You cannot replace it like that. I've given You a link to instruction how to translate it and also adviced to use a Falang component for translation. I prefere Falang because it's easier and backend work is cleaner with less amount of elements.

GK User
Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 pm
Now it works!
I just forgot to put the new menu items in the right menu because i was so focused an creating a module with the new menu!
Thank you very much for your help!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 pm
Hi

No problem. This method always makes me confusing. That's why Falang is a really great solution to showing all multilanguage versions on the same page.

GK User
Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am
Hi, I face the problem for click home, the page always go to the default language.
While, Joomla give the solution is disable the default mainmenu and give publish each translated language menu.
I found follow http://multilingual-joomla-demo.cloudac ... dules.html
There show home page for each language, and click will go to home page of the translated language instead of default one.
Any help can I get?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm
Hi

Please use Falang component this will allow You to use one home element for all languages. Acctually it will the same page all the time but with a content in selected language.

GK User
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 am
Hi, Thanks, Let me start to lean how it falang works.
And I think if I can disable the menu of gavick, then use mod for translated language menu. Do as joomla instruction. put the new mod to the same position of gavick menu. copy all the css for gavick menu.
may also work for multi-language.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm
Hi

Yes this is also a solution, but way much more timetaking than any proposed already :) Please just take a look on Falang. I bet You will never use anything else :)

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 am
Final, I realize that SH404SEF multilanguage function make falang home page always to the default language. If switch of SH404SEF, the Home keep in the language selected.
Teitbite do you have any solutions?
But in fact I don't sure SH404SEF is important for Joomla site to search engine or not.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm
Hi

If You have found a problem like that than I think You should report it in sh404 forum. sh404 is helpful but I know a dozens of problems it brings. Anyway there is always a way to add some links manualy. Maybe this will work in this case too. Disable sh404 and manualy add each link it creates while browsing the homepage via languages.