banner position

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 am
im trying to do a slider/slideshow [like image show gk4] in the banner position [in between header1 & mainbody] using the banner component, however it appears one after another like this: http://joomla25.leoneindulge.com.sg/

alternatively when i use image show gk4 module in the banner position it appears like the screenshot attached.

Picture-29.jpg
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:21 am
I've checked your site and see that there is no Image Show on banner position but only two default Joomla! banners. The layout is different than in your screenshot - header & mainbody is divided by banners.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I've checked your site and see that there is no Image Show on banner position but only two default Joomla! banners. The layout is different than in your screenshot - header & mainbody is divided by banners.

the images show on banner position is in the screenshot attached. the website is currently set to the default banner on banner position. the idea is that for another instance of image show to be displayed in the banner position, which i have enabled on the website now. however it has moved down to the mainbody position.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 pm
Please try to add this code to override.css file and enable 'Use override CSS' option in template 'Advanced Settings' tab :

Code: Select all
div#gkBanner2 .gkIsWrapper-gk_musicity {clear: both; float: none !important}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 am
bkrztuk wrote:Please try to add this code to override.css file and enable 'Use override CSS' option in template 'Advanced Settings' tab :

div#gkBanner2 .gkIsWrapper-gk_musicity {clear: both; float: none !important}

it doesnt have the white border or spacing/marging in between, how do i enable it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 am
Please open file gk.const.php in lib/framework directory and change style for banner positions from 'clear' to 'gk_style'. Then use the same suffixes like on the demo image show - 'grunge'
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm
there is a padding now, however there is still no gap between the banner position and featured articles module.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 am
Of course you have copy all suffixes from the original module ? There is also no-padding suffix set to IS. Please simply duplicate original module settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 am
bkrztuk wrote:Of course you have copy all suffixes from the original module ? There is also no-padding suffix set to IS. Please simply duplicate original module settings.

i actually duplicated the module so all the settings/suffixes are the same.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 am
Please add this code :

#gkBanner2 {
 margin-bottom: 15px !important
}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 am
many thanks =]