No Sign In and No Login

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 am
Tried to bring this two to work all day yesterday.. I am not sure anymore if this is my knowledge that is problem or something else.

I have no Sign in and Log in in the upper right corner, there are only social icons..

I couldn´t find sign in or log in anywhere... Whole theme looks like it is just using background, social icons, logo (that was penguin mail logo before) and nothing else.

I am totaly confussed.. :?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am
Did you publish Login and mod_gk_register modules ? You can always download quickstart package, install on localhost and check how it should be configured. After modules publishing the buttons should be automatically visible.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 am
That is the thing, I can't find it among the modules. I could only install the quick-start package, the gk_musicity_J!25.zip didn't work...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 am
Did you check the rest_files package for this template ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 am
no
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am
I'm sorry that was wrong, the quick-start package didn't work, but the gk_musicity_J!25.zip did!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am
So I have tried to install the gk_musicity_quickstart_J!25.zip on my localhost Joomla and it does not work, just like on the online server. The only file that works fine is the other zip file: gk_musicity_J!25.zip. I would really like to see where things should be since I'm new on this.

Since the quickstart does not work, is there a way to get one that does? I have Joomla 2.5 on both localhost and online server. By the way, today was the first time I ever installed Mamp on my mac and then also joomla. So much fun :shock: .

I now found the login button and placed it where it's supposed to be, but there is no sign in text next to it (next to the login) like on the template png picture. I would like to have the sign in link and replace the text to Register.

hope you can help...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm
Got it! No need to answer here, found out how to do this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 am
Everything is working now ? The problem was with one of our extensions/template ?
Platinum Boarder