Google webmasters tools

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 pm
Hello.

I want to connect my site with google webmasters tools. I'm already using google analytics account and my site is connected to it. But when I want to connect with google webmastes tools I can't verify my site. I've already try to verify it only with google analytics code and also by placing google-site-verification meta tag to gk_musicity\layouts\default.php in head, but nothing is working. Have you any idea why this is happening?

My site: http://automobilism.pl/
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 am
Hi

I think the correct place to put this code is /layout/blocks/head.php , but can You please show me the code You were asked to add to the site ?

GK User
Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 am
Hello.

Google asked me to add to my site html tag: <meta name="google-site-verification" content="xxx-xxx" />
I put it in head section in default layout. I can try putting it to /layout/blocks/head.php but what should I write in it? Something like $this->addMyTag('sth...')? :)
Alternatively I can use code from google analytics to verify site for google webmasters tools but it must be asynchronous and it must be placed in head section (as I see in your templates google anallytics tracking code is in body section).
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 pm
Hi

I think adding: <meta name="google-site-verification" content="xxx-xxx" /> with Your verification code between <head></head> is enought. So please try copy it at the bottom of /layout/blocks/head.php

GK User
Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm
Hi
I put this tag in the file that You suggest. And now I'm asking what is the difference between puting this tag in \layouts\default.php in head seaction (as I do in the beggining) and puting it in file /layout/blocks/head.php ? I'm asking because in both ways this tag appears in head section of the site and in both ways this isn't working. I still can't verify my site.
You didn't refer to using code from google analytics to verify site for google webmasters tools from my previous post.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am
Hi

Ok. It's clear now that I do not understand what You are asking about. I thought it was about telling You where the <head></head> part is located. Can You please explain one more time? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this google tools. I've only been using an html file for verification till now.

GK User
Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm
Hi

To verify my site with meta tag I just must put <meta name="google-site-verification" content="xxx-xxx" /> in head section of the site.
But You mentioned about verification by html file and I try this method and it works!

Thanks!:)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am
Hi

Just before answering to Your question someone else asked me to do the same and adding <meta name="google-site-verification" content="xxx-xxx" /> with propper id into head.php worked just fine too.

But I'm glad it's working now :)