template background image

AppSite - Professional Business Template for Joomla support forum.
GK User
Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm
Hello,
i'd like to insert a background image to template , where do i have to modify? which files?

i have uploaded an image file in images folder, i modify background line in template.css in "body" section
for now this produce no change. it miss the file image call in onefile.php , but which one .

the site is now online but not in use, if you want to see it http://www.aws2p.com/newsite/

on homepage have another problem with rss feed, the display is not good , i've a lot of space lost. i found the css class to modify but i can't find in any css file nor in feed module. have you a solution for that?

i would like to delete circle bullet in UL LI balises and have the text link on same line.

Thank's for your help for thoses 2 problems.

Best regards
Profwalken
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm
Hi

Did you really changed ../css/template.css file on body ?
Because i don't see any reference of background image there.

It should be something like this:

Code: Select all
body {
   min-height: 100%;
   line-height: 1.8;
   background: #e6e6e3 url('../images/yourimage.jpg') no-repeat center 0;
   color: #656565;
   border-top: 1px solid #fff;
}

If your image is for pattern use, them you should use repeat.

Anyway, i don't recommend that you perform your customization on css template files.
Place them all on ../css/override.css.
This way it will be more easier for future updates.

About the rss module, try adding this code on override.css file.

Code: Select all
.box .content h4 {font-size: 16px}
.box .content li.newsfeed-item  {list-style: none!important;  line-height: 22px; margin-top: 5px; padding-top: 10px}
.box .content .feed-link {height: 22px; line-height: 22px;}

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm
Hello Seichinha,
thank's for your help, for the background problem, i have copied your code in overide.css , but i can't see any change. myimage file name is 1600x1200.png i can reach it in browser from direct url.

for Rss module i do the same for css but this afternoon i was so bored that i search for another rss module to try . your css rule aer for the previous module so it doesn't change anything for the new one.

i prefer to keep the new module but for now the same problem to solve with css.

thank's one more time.
Profwalken
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 pm
Hello;
i found the problem with the background image , it was only a path problem to acess image file in url from css in body section, but after some tests, i prefer to let it with just a color.
So this is solved.

For RSS, i decided to use the first module and with your css settings from your previous answer it fixes the dsiplay problem.
So this is also solved.

A big thank you for your help.
Profwalken
Senior Boarder