Auto resize images on the fly

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:44 pm
Hi,

How do I set the World News II quickstart to auto resize the images in items and articles on the fly?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm
Hi

If you are referring to News Show Pro GK4 module, it's on thumbnails panel.

You can follow instructions on this page.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 01, 2012 9:23 am
Hi,
What I am looking for are some general settings that will autoresize all images so that they fit properly in the articles and items.

I will pm you the credentials.

Thanks for your help.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm
Hi

The url is pointing to a page from screenshot and this is not a Gavick template. I cannot access panel either. Can You please move Your site to live server so I'll be able to check it.

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm
Hi,
The screenshot you've attached is correctly the live site for www.fritidsmagasinet.dk

If you do excactly what is below here you will come to a "live" site on another ip:
Dear Teibite,

Thanks a lot for your support.

To see TWNII template on the non-live site you will have to force your pc to point to this ip adress 86.48.90.169 Then you will see it.

Follow this path on your pc C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then open file host with word pad or note pad and paste below

127.0.0.1 localhost

::1 localhost

This

86.48.90.168 fritidsmagasinet.dk

86.48.90.168 www.fritidsmagasinet.dk

If you do that you will see the site. I have change to Verdana which support the Danish language, but some of the headlines are now too large.

But the main problem for me is the images.

Best

Louis
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 04, 2012 4:08 pm
Hi

I got it working, sorry I've missed this information. Please let me know an url to the example of page with this image problem.

GK User
Sat May 05, 2012 9:42 pm
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 06, 2012 2:55 pm
Hi

Ok. I can see now :)

This images are being placed inside article content and this part depends of what users will put into that. As for example keeping a right HTML structure to avoid validation errors You need to keep images in a right dimentions too.

Anyway K2 articles got a separate place to add an image and this image will be resized automaticaly to a configured size, but unfortunately not for a content images. Regular joomla articles do not have such option, but I've seen plugins which are handling this job.

For a quick solution I can give You this portion of code:

Code: Select all
/*For joomla articles*/
.img_caption img {
    width: 300px;
}
/*For K2 articles*/
.catItemBody img {
    width: 300px;
}

But I do not advice to use that. This code means that image will still have to be downloade to user computer as big as it is but only show it smaller.

Unfortunately joomla is not perfect. Still a lot of things depends of how user will place it.

teitbite
Sun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm
Hi

One more thing. I've just recalled that an editor got an option to resize images (still manualy, but faster than using a different program to resize it). All You need to do is to click on the image in editor and drag it's corner till it will have a desired size.

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 6:47 pm
Hi,

And thanks.
How would you say I should do it?
I am not sure how to handle this. I thought everything would go by itself when downloading this template. Is there a manual somewhere where I can find the steps for K2 items from scratch with text and images and the same for the Joomla articles.

By the way I am not sure where to use K2 or Joomla articles. Both is possible but when to use which one?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 06, 2012 7:12 pm
Hi

Normaly when You make a site than You choose to work with joomla articles or k2 articles. For sure K2 got more options available.

I advice to use K2. Here You will find some tutorial how to use it's full potential. http://getk2.org/documentation

GK User
Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 am
Thanks.
Maybe you could tell me where you changed the images settings - screenshot. Now they fit better.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 07, 2012 9:07 am
You, see - I am not confident in how to do it the best way, so that the images are not so large.

Is it posible to get a step by step - simple - on how to add a Joomla article with mutiple images in different sizes.
And a K2 item with multiple images in different sizes?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 am
Slowly - things are beginning to make sense.

Is it possible to have a menu which can consist of both Joomla articles and K2 items?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm
Hi

Yes it's possible to make a menu from joomla articles and K2 articles, but in You case to better manage images size I advice to use K2 only. As I said K2 has a functionality to resize a main image automaticaly to a configured values.

Secondly inside article images can be resized using editor feature to reduce the size with moving a corner of the image with mouse.

Of course still the best and adviced solution is to use imgaes in an exact size You need for an article.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.