Custom Font in template.

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 3:19 am
I would like to add a custom font to a template, I have the webfont that I have purchased. Is it possible to do this. I was planning to do it on the Boutique template and use it on content titles etc. The font comes with different weights.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 23, 2012 6:29 am
Hi

Sure You can do it but You need to proceed with an instruction provided by this font. There are different types so I cannot tell which one You are using.

From the other hand our templates are provided with a configuration to use Google Fonts. This is very easy to use, so You may considered choosing this option.

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 3:36 pm
I will get the font instructions and paste them on here since have absolutely no clue where to start. Let me see if I can find them.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 23, 2012 9:40 pm
The store I bought my fonts from has the instruction in a PDF file. I imagine as per the instructions I would have to set up a css file to use them. I have limited knowledge on using css to do so. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

http://fontshopblog.files.wordpress.com ... rguide.pdf
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 3:40 am
You can use following tutorial. Although it is for using Squirrell Fonts but procedure is same.

Start from Step 6 as you already have your fonts and also read step 2. You have to repeat the procedure for each style you want use. Such as myfont-regular, myfont-bold, myfont-italic.

https://www.gavick.com/forums/the-news- ... rel#p66609

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 am
Thanks for the prompt attention. I'll try that out.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am
Hi

Thank You for help normanUK. Anyway I still advice to use Google Fonts. With template build functionality it's easier to apply and better fro site performance.

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 9:37 am
Thanks for the instructions, it works however I went in and changed the stylesheet to choose a bold font instead of the regular and it shows a generic font even though the bold version of the typeface is in the same folder. Any idea as to why this is happening? It works great with the regular weight font but I change the stylesheet to another weight and it doesn't use them. I can revert to the regular font no problem simply refresh and it comes back.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 24, 2012 11:18 am
Hi

Can You please show me Your site ?

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 3:13 pm
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm
Got it to work, stupid mistake, probably just needed some sleep. Thanks for all your help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 pm
Hi

Glad to hear you've made it.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.