GK Cache disabled but will not stop

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am
Hello, I am using the YourShop template, and am having a problem with gk cache. I had it ENabled before, but now I have it DISabled. The problem is that the plugin seems to not want to stop.

Global settings:
cache1.png

Plugins disabled:
cache2.png

Template Settings:
cache3.png

Whenever I view or refresh a page, the /joomla/cache/ folder gets a folder named /gk/ placed inside with 1 or more css cache files with a name something like:

before page refresh:
joomla/cache/ [only "index.html"]

after page refresh:
joomla/cache/gk/8364f946f66b8e15f7bc2b1b531bd408.css

I have to manually clear the cache every time I make a change.

I don't know if maybe I missed a setting somewhere or what, but this is making development rather cumbersome. Thank you for your time, I look forward to getting this resolved.

thanks in advance
David
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:10 pm
Please make sure that GK Ext Cache plugin is also disabled, because this plugin is responsible of creating directories and cache files.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:06 am
The GK Ext Cache plugin is not in my plugin list.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:17 am
Thanks for your response.

I checked and double checked, and the GK Ext Cache was not installed. I started from a quick start installation if that matters. Now, I have gone as far as uninstalling GK Cache via Extension Manager, and the problem persists.

I don't know what else it could be.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:48 am
I just thought of something that might be relevant.

I tried changing the permissions on the /cache/ folder to make it not writable. When I did that, stylesheets were not loaded at all. There was no styling, no colors, no fonts, no layout etc.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:21 pm
Any solution on this? I have exactly the same problem. As mentioned above everything is turned off but gk-cache is built nevertheless.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:56 am
Please provide me access to your back-end. You can send details via PM but remember to include forum topic link.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.