params.ini is unwritable!

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 2:19 am
What is the proper setting for this file? It has defaulted to 555..
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 4:50 pm
Thanks MarielaV, I had changed it yesterday to make it writable, just opened it up and was set back to default.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 5:12 pm
earthrat wrote:
Thanks MarielaV, I had changed it yesterday to make it writable, just opened it up and was set back to default.

If you can't change permissions on files, you need to contact your host provider.
Most probably this comes from your host server configuration.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 5:37 pm
No, I was able to change it no problem. I had changed it to 755, I had forgot to change it back. This morning I went to change it back to 555 and it changed itself back.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 5:54 pm
earthrat wrote:
No, I was able to change it no problem. I had changed it to 755, I had forgot to change it back. This morning I went to change it back to 555 and it changed itself back.

Mate, like i said before. This happens in some servers.
You need to talk to your host provider or try changing files using the com_extplorer_2.0.1 available on joomla extensions.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 07, 2009 7:17 pm
Sorry Seichinha,

I miss understood what you was saying. Yes now that you mention it, I have had issues with the CSS files switching to unwritable. Thanks for the heads up...
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.