Template Help

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 pm
I recently purchased the Sporter Template for Joomla 1.5

I placed all the template files in the joomla files as stated then uploaded both
I went through the install but when it had finished it is not working at all
Most modules are missing and when i click plugins it gives me a blank page

The site should be showing the Sporter template as i installed it correctly via the instructions but all i get is
http://casualgamingleague.com

I issues a support ticket with all my details for FTP, Admins,Etc and all the help i got was to post my issue here

Can someone please help with this ?
Support ?

Many thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 am
When you install clean template modules/plugins etc. are not included, you should use quickstart package. Installation tutorial you can find here >> https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... oomla-1-6/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 pm
OK i finally got the instalment working

BUT

At the end of the install it asks you for the admin username and password
I changed it to what i wanted and finished the install, Removed the Install folder

Clcik to visit site and all looks fine
Logged in fine

Go to admin and login using the same login i used on the FE and the username and password i used in the install and get :

Fatal error: Call to a member function login() on a non-object in /home/nextgen6/public_html/casualgamingleague.com/administrator/components/com_login/admin.login.php on line 64

Can ANYONE help me with this please ?

Many thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm
In 99,9% one of the files is corrupted (or more), I advise you to reinstall Joomla once again.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 pm
ive done that 5 times now
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Any advice on this ?

Support ?

Ive paid for a template that i have uploaded 5 times now and still the same issue
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 am
Please switch to default template, it the problem still exist it is for 100% Joomla installation issue, I advise you to run clean Joomla template (from joomla.org) and check whether even clean Joomla is working on your hosting.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 pm
I have run joomla from the joomla site and all worked fine
I have run joomla on my host a few times and all has worked fine

I installed the template but nothing worked template wise

I removed everything and installed the quick start on a fresh database

The template loaded and the front end worked fine

I can not get in to the backend due to what i posted above
Thus meaning i can not change the template
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 am
UPDATE

It must be the 2.5 template

I have installed the 1.5 template and all works fine
No issues at all

Can someone please look in to the 2.5 template and let me know so i can update my site

Many thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 am
Spoke too soon

I can get in to admin but when i click to edit the GK3 main page i get "Problem with php.ini configuration"
If i try to go to the GK Config i get :404 - An error has occurred.

Component Not Found

Photoslide GK3 i get the "Problem with php.ini configuration"
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 am
Maybe I don't understand it properly but... you wrote that you use Joomla 1.5 and you want to install template for Joomla 2.5 ? (
It must be the 2.5 template
)

I've tested the Joomla! 2.5 quickstart package - any problems.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 pm
It means i have installed and had fully working joomla 1.5 on a database
I then removed this and tested joomla 2.5 on a separate database which again worked fine

I then installed the quick start 2.5 package on yet another fresh database and get :

Fatal error: Call to a member function login() on a non-object in /home/nextgen6/public_html/casualgamingleague.com/administrator/components/com_login/admin.login.php on line 64

When i try to access admin

I then decided to install a fresh copy of the quick start 1.5 package on another database and I can get in to admin but when i click to edit the GK3 main page i get "Problem with php.ini configuration"
If i try to go to the GK Config i get :404 - An error has occurred.

Component Not Found

Photoslide GK3 i get the "Problem with php.ini configuration"
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 pm
This has been 10 days now since i first posted my issues with your template
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 04, 2012 1:16 pm
The fatal error was caused by internal Joomla error which not depends of our product but Joomla cms and was caused probably by corrupted file. The Image Show error is described in module documentation available in download section and in most cases is caused by server requirements or file permission settings. Please check the module configuration.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 04, 2012 2:28 pm
bkrztuk wrote:The fatal error was caused by internal Joomla error which not depends of our product but Joomla cms and was caused probably by corrupted file. The Image Show error is described in module documentation available in download section and in most cases is caused by server requirements or file permission settings. Please check the module configuration.

Your company provides the quick start product so any issues in this is down to your product and not joomla

Basically you have stated here that your company has sold a product which installs a corrupted joomla ?

I paid for a template from your company that installs joomla
Did you actually test the template ?

Because if you did then you would of had the same issue

I am really annoyed with this and the total lack of support, If this issue is not fixed in the next day or two the i want a refund please
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 am
Yes I've tested this template on localhost and there are no problems, please give me your hosting details, especially the PHP version because probably this is the source of problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm
PHP Version 5.2.12

As stated i know my host can handle joomla as i have tested both 1.5 and 2.5 and both worked fine with no errors at all

I ONLY get the errors when i install your quick start files

Have you recently tested the quick start files ?
there could be an error since you first made the template
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 08, 2012 7:52 am
Joomla recommend 5.3+ PHP version for Joomla 2.5 and probably here is the problem. Please test even on some localhost server like MAMP, WAMP, and yes we've tested this installation before we release a package, please check template download count and look that this is only one topic about this problem which probably comes from your configuration.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 08, 2012 1:16 pm
Mam pytanie - kupiłem pakiet do strony "restauracja" - jak to zainstalować, żeby układ był taki jak we wzorcowej?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 13, 2012 7:46 pm
Why are you trying to fob me off and not even listen to what i tell you ?

I HAVE TRIED YOUR 1.5 Quick start package AND THAT IS BROKE ALSO
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 am
I understand your point but as you can see the error comes from core Joomla code not from the template so it is impossible that clean Joomla 2.5 is working, maybe until you publish login module. Please give me details to server with recommended PHP version (5.3+) and I'll install this template for you.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.