Allow line breaks in the Latest News module on the front pag

Support forum dedicated to GameNews game Joomla template perfect for gamers, game portal news and reviews with dedicated extensions for rating and video support
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:08 am
Report this post
Hello,
I would like to be able to allow line breaks on the Front end for the Latest News Module (NSP News) but there is some CSS that is stripping out the HTML added on the K2 Articles that it displays. How can I do this?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:16 am
Report this post
Hi

It's not css stripping it, but module itself. It's neccessary if You are using a part of the article as an intro. If You want to use html code here please disable "Clean HTML" option in module settings and set the number of words in text to 99999. To avoid breaking html structure and result in validation error.

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:56 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

It's not css stripping it, but module itself. It's neccessary if You are using a part of the article as an intro. If You want to use html code here please disable "Clean HTML" option in module settings and set the number of words in text to 99999. To avoid breaking html structure and result in validation error.

Hello teitbite,
Thanks for the quick response. I tried your solution and it worked but only for the first item on the display. Everything after that it had the layout all messed up as shown in the attachment. (Before and after pics attached).Please help!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 am
Report this post
Hi

Yes, that's exactly what I described. Disabling "Clean HTML" options may result in validation error as You've just experienced. It happen when html tags got split in half while cutting the article content. You need to rise the amount of chars/words of text to maximum so the full html will be displayed and nothing will get cut. But this will mean that full article will be shown in this place. I'm afraid You will have to use a different module for that, like K2 contetn and divide the part You want to show with "read more" line.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.