Blog with 2 or more Columns

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:23 am
Hi Gavick Team,

i have setup the hotel theme and work fine, i have only 1 issue to solve, i want setting the blog with more than 1 column, i have tried under menu -> menu params (GavickPro) -> columns (2), no effect, tried under Blog-Layout -> #columns (2) same problem the Blog show only 1 column :(

Can you please me help to solve?
Thanks for any Response
piXel
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 pm
Hi

I'm afraid this is locked for this template, but please tell me the url to the page You want this 2 columns be used and I'll try to come up with a solution for that.

GK User
Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:51 am
Hi,

This is really a big bug bear with the hotel template: no way to have a 2 columns layout with Joomla blog or even K2 blog . I can't understand the point in locking the template in one column . I eventried to remove the blog overwrite in the template/html/ folder but that does not work . Could you please publish a work-around for every one in the forum ?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:38 pm
Hi

In the matter of fact I've published it couple of times already but since it depends from the content as well I prefer to check every case separately.

I've talked to designers about it once and as I heard new standards and responsiveness requires content to be less crowded, so they forced layouts to use 1 column only.

GK User
Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:49 pm
Hello,
I have the same issue. Did you came up with any solution?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 am
Hi

This is not an issue, it's a style of a template to force it to have one column only. If You want to disable it You need to rename /html/com_content/category/default.php or /html/com_k2/templates/default/category.php (depending from what You are using) to something different, so override will be disable.

GK User
Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm
Thank you Teitbite,
i used news show pro gk5 to show the articles in more columns in a module in an article i created for the purpose.
Ps the link does not work because i added multilingual component so now the page is http://elenairisapartments.gr/en/apartments

Thank you for your advise
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:58 pm
Hi

That's a very good idea. I do not understand what links You have in mind, probably something from a different thread :) anyway it looks great.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.