Sidebar and Alt-Text

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:29 pm
Hi there,
i´m a newbie in Joomla and have two questions:

how to add alt-text and title-text to the logo

how to hide or remove the sidebar in this template?
I tried a lot of things, but no vertical slide show works in the sidebar, so i want the content in 100% of the site-width with a slideshow in the bottom of every site.

take a look here:
http://appartement-winter.at/joomla

Sorry for my lousy english and many thanks in advance for hopefully helping me.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 am
Hi

I got an access to Your site from a ticket system. Just changed module position for module with ID 106 from "mainbody_bottom" and in module's settings I've choose to use vertical layout. Looks fine I guess. What was the problem with that ?

For logo You have to use a site name as it is now and like that by default, it's what robots expect to see when they visit Your site to index it. I do not think You would wish to see Your site being named "Zur Startseite" when someone will for example share a link to it on facebook. But if You still want to change it than You will need to change a code for that in file /layout/blocks/logo.php by replacing:

Code: Select all
           alt="<?php echo $this->API->getPageName(); ?>"

with

alt="Zur Startseite"

GK User
Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Thank you for answering me, looks nice, but is not my Intention.
Please take a look to the attached plan.

Thank you and have a nice day
Gerald Schmalzer
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:47 pm
Hi

I'm afraid I do not understand. I've done it exactly as in Your plan. I'm adding a screenshot to show it. Please use this screenshot to explain what what was wrong.

GK User
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:57 pm
I'm sorry, but obviously you do not understand me. In your screenshot you have a left-margin 320px and a right-margin 100px, in My plan i want a left- and right-margin 150px, 240 px are reserved for the vertical slider and the rest is text area. Hard to understand? I don´t think so.
I therefore ask you to do the following: remove the left and right sidebar and I insert the following table. I can use this in all pages and within this table i add the DJ-ImageSlider in the right column. OK? Thank you.

<table border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="25" style="width: 90%; height: 0px; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 90%; text-align: left; vertical-align: top;">
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 8pt;"><span lang="DE-AT" style="color: black; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: DE-AT;"><span style="font-size: medium;">Das Appartementhaus Winter liegt ruhig und zentral mitten im Herzen von Ski Amadé und eignet sich durch die unmittelbare Nähe zu den Schigebieten Radstadt/Altenmarkt/Pg., Flachau, Zauchensee, Obertauern, Schladming, Planai und Reiteralm bestens für Ihren Skiurlaub. <br /><br />Durch die idyllische Lage in der Natur zieht unser Haus auch im Sommer zahlreiche Gäste an und bietet eine perfekte Basis für Ihren Wanderurlaub in Österreich.</span></span></p>
</td>
<td style="width: 240px; text-align: left; vertical-align: top;" rowspan="2" width="240"> {loadmodule mod_djimageslider,DJ-ImageSlider}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width: 90%; text-align: left; vertical-align: top;">
<ul class="Stil2">
<li class="Stil1">Großer Garten mit Liegewiese und Grillmöglichkeit</li>
<li class="Stil1">Finnische Sauna, Infrarotsauna, Fitness- und Ruheraum</li>
<li class="Stil1">Eigener großer Parkplatz / Carport</li>
<li class="Stil1">Einstellraum für Fahrräder</li>
<li class="Stil1">Sichere Schiverwahrung</li>
<li class="Stil1">Beheizter Schuhtrockner</li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p> </p>
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 pm
Hi

I'm sorry, but Your explanation makes no sense to me. We are probably looking at the site on different screen resolutions and this template is responsive fitting to the screen used. Also there are no margins there at all. It's simply content area locked to max 1600px in width. So those "margins" are a leftovers of the available screen, this cannot be avoided without a big changes to template's code. I advice this changes:

add this to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings

.single-page .item-info,
.blog-page .item-info {
display: none;
}

.single-page .item-info + .item-body,
.blog-page .item-info + .item-body {
    float: none;
    width: 100%;
}

#gkSidebar {
    padding-left: 0;
    width: 18%;
}

#gk-content-wrapper {
    width: 82%;
}

.single-page .item-content,
.blog-page .item-content {
    max-width: 100%;
}

#gkPageContent {
    padding-left: 150px;
    padding-right: 150px;
}

I think that's gonna be closest to what You want, but will not work good for every screen width. You will need to play with values of:

#gkSidebar {
    width: 18%;
}

#gk-content-wrapper {
    width: 82%;
}

to make it work for smaller screen widths.

If You wish to use table instead I need to warn You that table is not a responsive solution and will completely destroy the look on mobile devices. Anyway, You just need to use this code in override.css:

.single-page .item-info,
.blog-page .item-info {
display: none;
}

and unpublish any module from sidebar (DJ Image Slider currently).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.