I cannot add slides to GK4

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:24 pm
Hi,

I am having troubles with het Image Show GK4
There is a problem with adding slides. The page does not respond when i click on add.
In the screenshot you see my menu bar, is this correct? On my test website I see the menu items on the left of the page.

The Joomla version is up to date, i have removed and re-installed Image show..

..help..
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 am
I'm getting the exact same thing, I guess this problem with GK image show began when I updated joomla from 3.3.6 to j3.4

gkimageshow bug I guess, i can't update our main intro on home page to make a major announcement for our company. I can't even edit a slide as in your screenshot i don't see any
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:51 am
Hello,

Are you using the latest version of the module? Did you refreshed your browser cache after the upgrade?
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 am
Hi Dziudek,

As far as I can see I have the latest version installed. (1.53 30/06/2015)
I have cleared the cache of the website, not by browser. Done that and the module works again.

My mistake

Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:41 pm
I also have confirmed its' the latest version of the module (only one available on the Gavick website) and have cleared cache, purged expired from the website, plus emptied the cache in browser

The only solution that works for me currently is to change the admin template from Isis to any other system admin template, then open the GK image show module, and I can see my slide as well as create new. Then I change the template back to Isis
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:13 am
@xristo - I suppose that you can have some issues with your Isis template - do you have any errors in the JavaScript console?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 pm
I've never looked before but see that I have the following error on any page I access within the Isis template:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of nullZ._init_builtin_theme @ recaptcha_ajax.js:177Z._finish_widget @ recaptcha_ajax.js:180Z.challenge_callback_internal @ recaptcha_ajax.js:176Zb @ recaptcha_ajax.js:122Yb @ recaptcha_ajax.js:120N.callback @ recaptcha_ajax.js:120d.onload.d.onreadystatechange @ recaptcha_ajax.js:124

The single error that is generated when accessing the image show module is:
Uncaught TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function(anonymous function) @ script.js:4
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 am
@xristo - after looking at your errors, especially this one:

Code: Select all
Uncaught TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function(anonymous function) @ script.js:4

I should ask - are you sure that you are using version of the module for Joomla! 3.4? Because this error seems to coming from script for Joomla! 2.5 version of the module.
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.