Quickstart Installation

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
codcommunity
Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 pm
Report this post
Hi, I've been having some issues running the installation for the quickstart package of the MSocial template. I've followed a number of guides on quickstart installation but still can't seem to get it going.

I downloaded the template package from the Gavick website. Uploaded this package to public_html using the filemanager in cPanel using the permissions 7,7,5.
I then unzipped this package to the same folder (public_html). As far as I know the next step is to visit the domain (www.site.com) and do the installation through there. Yet when I visit my domain the a browser it won't have any installation options for the template.

Am I missing a key step? As I said i've looked at a few guides and can't see that im doing anything wrong. Thanks in advance.

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 am
Report this post
1. You need to be sure you upload to correct folder.
2. Is your domain connected to that folder?
3. After unzipping the package, depending on system - folder with package name might be created so your files might be in subfolder (please check via ftp program). Unzip the zip locally and upload files directly via ftp - this might help.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.