facebook login not working after template change

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:23 pm
Report this post
I change the old template of my website to the new Music State one and now facebook login is not working, neither in Jomsocial. I transfer the api numer and every setting of facebook as they were in the old template, now nothing works, the facebook button appears in the login area but it does not work

I also have some other issues like the arrows that allows navigation, I used the recommended suffix and is not working

Can someone please check my website by admin area? Just let me know to send the user and password by private message.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 pm
Report this post
Did you set APP ID in template Social API settings?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:Did you set APP ID in template Social API settings?

Yes, I checked twice, but now I realize that is only NOT working at all in Mozilla Firefox, in Internet explorer opens but gives a browser error and internet explorer sometimes crashes, in Google Chrome works without problem and also in android mobile worked the login with facebook but not in firefox.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:17 am
Report this post
First of all sorry for such late response, last days we've changed our forum and whole gavick.com website and due to this works we have delay in forum responses.

Could you give me your site URL ? It is always easier to check CSS/HTML code on live site. Probably there are some JavaScript errors on your website.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:33 am
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:First of all sorry for such late response, last days we've changed our forum and whole gavick.com website and due to this works we have delay in forum responses.

Could you give me your site URL ? It is always easier to check CSS/HTML code on live site. Probably there are some JavaScript errors on your website.

http://bandaspr.com

http://bandaspr.com/comunidad <----Jomsocial

It works sometimes in google chrome, Internet explorer opens but gives an error and crash, in Firefox the buttons does not work at all and can not be seen in jomsocial login.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:07 pm
Report this post
For me all is working fine, maybe the problem exist on just particular pages where you have duplicated FB scripts.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:For me all is working fine, maybe the problem exist on just particular pages where you have duplicated FB scripts.

This problems are just in firefox:

I can't login correctly with a new facebook account in the homepage using the template login. the button does nothing. Then In Jomsocial the button doesn't even appear.

Then when I use Google Chrome:
I can not login correctly in the homepage but everythings works fine in Jomsocial login a new user but only in google chrome.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:32 am
Report this post
All is working for me fine on FF screenshot

I see at the bottom some bar with fb icon, probably this extension also adds fb script and you may see conflicts. Of course both template login and JS FB login will not work together.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:28 am
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:All is working for me fine on FF screenshot

I see at the bottom some bar with fb icon, probably this extension also adds fb script and you may see conflicts. Of course both template login and JS FB login will not work together.

I found what was causing the problem, an AVAST antivirus plugin in firefox, it was blocking the facebook login, dont know why. But if anyone has the same problem and AVAST installed, check for the avast firefox plugin and disable it, thanks for your patience and help.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:45 am
Report this post
Thanks for sharing your solution. Looks like AVAST blocks external scripts but it is really strange…
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:45 pm
Report this post
Hi,

i have the same problem with Social Template.

http://www.geringonca.pt/associados

Can you help me?

Thanks
Bruno Azevedo
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:19 pm
Report this post
What you mean by the same? You also have JomSocial and the FB login is working on one template and not working in another one?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:09 pm
Report this post
I have the same problem.. Facebook login doesn't work in login position of music state.. but it works well in module hello me and in jomsocial component.. I think we have to change login url in template settings.. anyone know what is the correct jomsocial login url.. or can help me to solve the problem? thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 pm
Report this post
If you use fb login in JomSocial you can't use template facebook login becuase it is impossible to have one application ID in two different login buttons and scripts.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.