tag filter shows login

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 am
Hi,
recently I discovered some bug, i'm using nsp to filter articles on tags.
Works great but it shows some weird result, article with no content or title on actual date,
this links to this url; 'index.php/component/users/?view=login' ?
How can this be excluded from the list...
Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 11.34.19.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 11.28.52.png

Thanks and regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 am
Hi

NSP does not create links. It's using router() standard joomla function, so the link is constructed by joomla in fact, which means that this article is not set to public if login screen is appearing instead.
If such article is unpublished or unauthorised than NSP will not show it. You can set this in source settings.

GK User
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am
I understand it doesn't create articles but my data source is set to Joomla tags and these 'items' show up?
I've checked all articles, modules ea but can't find anything related to this....
Hope you can tell me what could trigger this bug.

Attached: NSP gk5 source settings

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:58 pm
Hi

This can only mean that those tags are attached to this articles. I will need to log into Your joomla panel to check it. Please send me the url and joomla panel user and password to my mail [email protected] so I'll be able to do that.

GK User
Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:09 pm
Hi Teitbite,
Just send an email with info + login.
Thanks in advance,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:50 pm
Hi

Just got to Your mail, but I must say I cannot find this problem. I've clicked through the site opening most of the links in NSP modules, but haven't seen even one page leading to login page. Please take a look at the video I recorded and tell me exactly where is the link behaving like that.

http://recordit.co/PRE55lJDNK

GK User
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:51 pm
Hi,
They are also visible in your video, but you didn't notice them ;)
They are the small 'empty' articles.

nsp-bug.jpg

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:58 am
Hi

Thank You. I've checked that and joomla indeed creates some temporary articles attached to a publishing level so it's not even visible by joomla panel. Have no idea what is the purpose of such articles, but please send me an access to ftp and I'll pass it to programmers for module adjustment.

GK User
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 am
Hi Just send you the ftp info by email.
Hope this can be solved soon.
Regards,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:54 pm
Hi

FTP is not fully functional, but I've send Your access details to programmers. Maybe they have encountered this before and will have an idea how to fix it. Will let You know as soon as they will answer.

GK User
Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:46 pm
Hi,
What do you mean 'not fully functional'?
Hope this issue can be solved soon.
Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:50 am
Hi

By "not fully functional" I meant that it connects, but low privileges was not showing me any files, but that's ok right now. So no worry about that.

Programmers has fixed this problem by checking in module if article isn't empty. It is corrected in Your site already but for anyone looking for this fix. please edit file: mod_news_pro_gk5/data_sources/com_content/controller.php and after line 29:

Code: Select all
for($i = 0; $i < count($content); $i++) {   

add this code:

Code: Select all
// Avoid empty items
if(!isset($content[$i]['title'])) {
    continue;
}

GK User
Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:56 am
Hi Teitbite,
Thanks a lot for fixing this issue! Work perfect now!

Regards,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:43 am
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.