PORTFOLIO TEMPLATE WON'T MAKE 4 COLUMNS

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:30 am
Hello I can not work out where or how to make this template create 4 columns. Please advise. Spent 10hours on it and still no clue. No matter what setting I change it still insists on each article (featured or not featured) the full width of page. See here screenshot http://screencast.com/t/i2KhYF6lGVOd
Please I am amatuer so please keep advise basic for dummies please
I am using Joomla 3.4.4

ps
Planning to use this template for a temporary splash page with direct links to various section of 2 different websites.
Also plan to have one sites REAL HOME page as the background image to create illusion of transparency will this work?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:22 am
Could you please post an url to your site?

GK User
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:48 am
Did you get my PM? Any Advice appreciated!!!!!!
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:47 am
Hi

Client mailed me directly about this problem so I'll just answer here.

Template is not broken. You have problems with modules, right ? Some modules to make a special styles requires a special code. We are providing this code, but it has to be kept as it was before. Unfortunately joomla editor will remove some of the HTML constructions. It’s not a bug or anything, just a security measure preventing from adding a potentially unsafe code.

Because of that editor security some HTML constructions has to be entered when editor is disabled. Please do not make it just by hitting an icon “Toggle editor”, because it only shows it differently, but editor is still in use and code will be removed still. Instead before editing such problematic modules go to USERS MANAGER in joomla panel and in settings for Your user set Editor to None. It can be just temporary.

We are leaving the editor in packages, because it’s still needed during adding articles and other content.

GK User
Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:25 pm
You can also change the editor in general configuration if you use only one user for editing/administration.
After modifying those modules you can easy bring back tinyMCE and use it for wysiwyg article editing.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.