No facebook-login

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Sun May 27, 2012 5:36 am
Hi

I use The News II on www.livingsmarttv.dk but the facebook-login i top right corner under "your account" doesn't do anything.

It doesn't log the user it NOR does it return any errors.

How can I make it work properly?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 am
Did you enable this feature in template settings and generate facebook APP ID ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun May 27, 2012 7:33 pm
Yes and I just tested with another extension on the same site with the same Facebook app ID and that works.

I would like to use the gavick login, so I need to get this working and not use the other extension (which was just for testing) :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 28, 2012 7:31 am
You set proper keys in both template settings and facebook authentication plugin ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:48 am
bkrztuk wrote:You set proper keys in both template settings and facebook authentication plugin ?

100% sure - just checked right now and the exact same ID is there in template and plugin.

"Secret" is only in plugin - I don't see that anywhere in template.

Facebook login is enabled in template and plugin is enabled.

Any other hints?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:21 pm
I have a forum on the same site using it's own built in FB login and with the same information, it works just fine?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm
Yes, the problem is with your not updated mod_gk_login module and our template. Since facebook made changes in their API all templates get update to fix problem with this feature. Please update template, module and also facebook authentication plugin.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:25 pm
The module? Should I be using the module or do you just mean that I should update it IF I use it?

I'm just using the built-in login feature in top right of the template itself.

If the template and module is not updated, why doesn't it say so in the updates-available-feature of Joomla ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 pm
I now updated to the latest version of the news-template - still not able to login.

When clicking facebooklogin in top right corner of site, I see that the pages contacts facebook very quickly, turns white and the returns without logging in etc.

Is the no way to get help for this ? I've been writing this for weeks now and although I do appreciate the help in this forum thread, it seems not solve my problems.

What can / should I do now ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:39 am
Bump :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 am
I've checked your site and see that still module mod_login from template /html is not up to date. Facebook authentication plugin probably also. Please download latest template and make and update. Then the module will be also updated. After that you need to download rest_files package and upgrade facebook authentication plugin.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.