Internal Server Error

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Wordpress Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:42 am
Hello,

I get the following error after I make a few changes (any changes) to the website. I am using the Game News theme. The site worked fine with the previous theme and appears to be unique to this (otherwise great) theme.

Here is the dev site where the kinks are being worked out. We would like to take this one live after the issue is resolved. Any help is appreciated.

http://259.02d.myftpupload.com/
---------
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
---------
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:52 am
Hello,

I have to know which changes exactly you made, before this situation. I don't think that this issue is caused by the theme. This article should be helpful:
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/ ... wordpress/
(probably you have corrupted .htaccess file)

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 am
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply. The error occurs after literally any change -- update a widget, change a category, add a file, edit a post, activate/deactivate plugins -- anything. It doesn't happen on other themes or the theme we've been using for the last two years. Changed out the .htaccess file, increased the php and deactivated all plugins and it still happens. When I switch to different themes, it is okay.

We love the theme and want to go live soon, but we want to get all the bugs worked out. Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 am
Ok, I'll try to check this issue, please send me a private message with your website backend and FTP access.

GK User
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 pm
I've gone completely bare bones, turned off all plugins and stripped down what I could with the dev site and it seems to be something with the Game News theme. When I switch to other themes, the error does not occur.

It seems to be the GK Tabs widget. When the widget is active -- Internal Server Error. When the widget is inactive, things work fine.

Ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:37 am
It is definitely something to do with the Tab widget. Ideas?

Now that I know what it is, I'll hunt around the forum too.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:52 am
Try to use external GK Tabs plugin instead of the widget built in the theme:
https://github.com/GavickPro/GK-Tabs

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.