Many things don't show up using Creativity theme

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:40 pm
Hi there, I set up the creativity theme to run on my wordpress website and there is some mysteries I don't really get and hope you could help me to understand.

1. I post an article yesterday and it crashed my whole home page as soon I set it to public instead of private (Only the imageshow widget still runs, the portfolio is totally gone and the menu bar too...)

2. Using a child theme, I've done some changes in the css files and php. The funny thing is that some of these changes don't seems to respond anymore. For instance I changed the "what we do" and "more work" once and changed it again. the second time it simply didn't respond anymore. Nothing happen.

3. I'm trying to set up a page "home" to set on the header menu so we can easily come back to the front page. I'm probably really dumb but can't seem to change the permalink to set it on the home page, no matter what I do...
I was thinking of changing the "Creativity" which is on the left handside of the header menu and is the link to the homepage but couldn't find it anywhere in php files on my ftp...

Sorry it's lot of questionning but I really hope you guys have answers to my little problems (which are actually quite annoying :) )

Hope I've been clear enough in my explanations. Thanks in advance for your time and response.

http://www.tanguylagasse.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 pm
Hello,

Regarding your 1st and 2nd issuess, please send me a PM with backend and FTP access to your website, then I'll be able to check everything.

Regarding the 3rd question, please go to Appearance -> Menus section and add new menu item with custom link and use URL of your homepage (http://tanguylagasse.com/). That's all.

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:19 pm
Ok thank you I do that now :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:40 pm
Hey Piotr, any MP I try to send get stuck in the outbox and are not sent for some trange reason :/
Any idea?
Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm
Hi,

I've received your message. It wil disappear from your outbox when I mark it as read.

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:09 pm
Nice, sorry it was a bit confusing :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 pm
Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't connect to your server through the FTP client. Regarding your first issue, you have not enough post to dipslay them properly in the Portfolio widget (I've change articles amount in the portfolio settings and widget is displayed correctly now).

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am
Thanks for fixing that so quickly.
Regarding the fact that there wasn't enough post to show I'm a bit confused because before the last post I published (and crash the whole thing) the portfolio widget was showing up correctly with at least 4 posts (if no more)?
Strange no? :huh:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:45 am
It's strange indeed, because as I remember the Portfolio doesn't work properly if you've specified more pages with columns and rows than you have articles. If you'll have any other issuess with that, just let me know.

Regarding your other issue with the child theme, I've checked your child directory and your files can't be added this way (all your files are directly in Creativity-Child directory). You have to use the same directory structure like in the Creativity theme. I.e. for the extensions.css, wp.css, style1.css you should add these files into Creativity-child/css/your_files.css.
widgets.portfolio.php file should be added into Creativity-child/gavern/widgets.portfolio.php and so on.

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:18 am
Nice! I should have thought about that.
Thanks, I will try this out today!

Great to see how fast you guys answer!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:44 pm
It's working great, thanks again.

Any thoughts about where to find the php file where the 'login" button of the header menu bar is? As for Creativity (on left hand side?)

Thank you in advance

http://www.tanguylagasse.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:01 am
Hi,

Please check the Creativity/layouts/header.php file and this fragment:
Code: Select all
<div id="gk-user-area">
            <?php if(get_option($tpl->name . '_login_link', 'Y') == 'Y') : ?>
            <a href="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . '_login_url', 'wp-login.php?action=login'); ?>" id="gk-login" class="btn border"><?php (!is_user_logged_in()) ? _e('Log In', GKTPLNAME) : _e('Logout', GKTPLNAME); ?></a>
            <?php endif; ?>
         </div>

You can also disable/enable this login button in Template Options -> Features tab.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.