Translation Plugin

Perfect responsive WordPress theme to showcase your mobile, iPad or tablet apps.
GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 pm
Hello,
Which plugin would you recommend for a multilingual site where all posts, pages and widgets can be translated and a language switcher can be displayed on the page? Thanks in advance.
Mark
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 pm
Hi,

Our themes support WPML plugin: http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ - you can find Bluap and our other themes here, but sometimes there's small problem with advanced widget - in this case you'll have to use widget logic plugin - but it's very easy. We are going to implement built-in mechanism to support widget's translation from WPML.

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm
Thanks so far, I've installed WMPL and I still haven't found a solution to add the code for the language selector
(<?php do_action('icl_language_selector'); ?>) above the menu in the right corner. Could you tell me in which file I have to copy the code?
Regards
Mark
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:28 pm
You can create another widget area and put wpml widget with the switcher:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... ess-theme/

Or you can use your code directly in Bluap/layouts/header.php file, inside #gk-top div.

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:10 pm
Unfortunately I can’t configure any Bluap theme settings after activation of WPML. DO you have any idea why? When I deactivate the WPML Plugin then everything is working again.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 am
Do you have blank settings page? please check this similar thread:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/storebox- ... l?p=140570

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:39 am
Oh ok, I've selcted German as default language.
How do I translate the text of the slider? There is no function to translate the text at the images or either in the string translation.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 am
Do you have 2 languages? try to create 2 separated Image Show widget on the same widget area, with different slides (you have to duplicate slides and use different language of the text), then you can use widget logic in widget settings to choose proper widget depend on language.

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 am
The solution is coming closer. I've installes widget logic and now I get this error message

Warning: Illegal string offset 'widget_id' in /homepages/9/d441763302/htdocs/save/wp-content/themes/Bluap/gavern/helpers/helpers.features.php on line 612

What does it mean?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 am
Do you have this error only after activating the plugin or do you type something in widget logic field?

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 am
After I've typed something in the widget logic field
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:09 am
Ok, what exactly did you type?

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:10 am
ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'de'
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:12 am
Ok, could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? Then I'll be able to check it.

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 am
is on its way
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.