Custom Page Styles in GavernWP themes for WordPress allow for new page layouts
GavernWP exposes styles specific to subpages. These make it possible to better leverage WordPress features and to adjust pages to selected themes.
Additional subpage styles are placed in a main catalog within template.*.php files.
GavernWP includes the following subpages:
- template.archive.php – An archive page which includes a list of recent posts, categories and a list of links to monthly archives.
- template.contact.php – A page with a contact form enabling sending a message to an email address specified in the WordPress configuration.
- template.fullwidth.php – A page’s layout without a sidebar.
- template.gallery.php – A page which generates an animated image gallery, and which includes a function to assign available attachments to a page such that they appear as slides. We recommend selecting identically-sized images.
- template.login.php – A page generating a user login form. After logging in, username information is displayed as well as a logout button.
- template.latest.php – A page which includes excerpts of latest posts,
- template.tagcloud.php – This page generates a tag cloud of the website.
To load additional files, specify the second parameter of a gk_load function (see: code of requesting a gk_load function in a template.gallery.php file).
This article was first published