apphone not displaying correctly in OperaMini

AppPhone - perfect Joomla template to for app developers for showing your applications support forum.
GK User
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:57 pm
I tried running the template from OperaMini on Android phone, Android tablet, and iPhone. They all display the 'desktop' version of the site incorrectly in the header - the text is outside of the background image.

Can you please provide a fix?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 am
I've tested the demo site with Opera, and here you can see results https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8f0kcnnvdactnh/2013-04-11%2011.31.04.png I don't see any problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:51 am
Did you test it with Opera Mini?
If you were using Opera Mobile, then that's a different animal!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:24 pm
Can I ask for a response on this one please?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 am
If the template is working fine on all mobile browsers apart the Opera Mini this is a particular browser issue. Probably the render engine can't handle properly with part of template css code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:20 am
Remarkable analysis!

Can I ask you to fix this please?
We had a similar issue in our web applications with Opera Mini. I suspect that you're running into the same problem. Opera Mini is not handing vertical alignment for elements the same way as other browsers. But there is a workaround to make it work.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:38 am
Opera Mini browser is appphone and other non responsive templates is detected as a handheld and shows handheld default view - I really don't have any problem with this layout. The desktop version is designed for desktop browsers. Here you can see the screenshot from default view on Opera Mini >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcl79kejkyd1bgm/2013-04-24%2010.08.11.png

On the desktop mode everything is fine also >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z30oow6a67mh5gv/2013-04-24%2010.18.49.png
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 09, 2013 3:50 pm
I presume you've scrolled down in the 'desktop' version on Opera Mini to hide the problem with the menu, which is obviously there. See my screenshot.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 am
I didn't notice before that the menu font is not loading properly in desktop mode but the Opera Mini is a mobile browser and by default the Mobile layout is loaded. In Desktop mode the browser can't render part of CSS properly which is caused by the browser not by the template. Please look at this page on screenshot even backgrounds have wrong color - this is caused by Opera servers which compress site before you see it and really we don't have any way to change this at Opera company - on stock browsers all is fine.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.