Update to Joomla 3.x

AppPhone - perfect Joomla template to for app developers for showing your applications support forum.
GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:00 pm
Hello,

I have the appPhone website running on joomla 2.5. Joomla 2.5 will be vulnerable very soon.
Is tehre a way to update the the site including the template, such that in runs on 3.x?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi,
you're using very old template, from 2011.
So it's not supported anymore. We don't have plans to update this one.

But you can try to update to Joomla 3.3 there is a small hope that it will still be working after "mini migration".
If not , you have to hire for private job one of GK moderators to help you.
Don't forget to play on website clone created from back-up.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:17 pm
Hi.

What you mean when you say mini migration?

I will give it a try. But I think its not das especially refardimg the layout und all Plugins...

Who can I ask for hirement?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm
Upgrade from j2.5 --> 3.3 is called as a mini migration, not simple upgrade, new CMS made many changes, also in template section.
That's why it's not so easy, each case is different. It can take 60 min or 5 hours, so price depends on it.
Check PM.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:22 pm
Thanks.

Here is my progress:
  • Updated to Joomla 2.5.28
  • Complete Server Backup (new starting point)
  • Disabled then uninstalled old plg_gkextmenu plugin
  • Updated to joomla 3.2 via Components -> Joomla Update. Before doing so I had to set Updates = "Short term support" under options and do a purge update on the Extensions -> Updates tab.
  • Then the screen remains blank. Turned on debugging gave me "Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /plugins/system/plg_gkmodulelinks/plg_gkmodulelinks.php on line 26"

I will see what I can do by disabling extensions. I am not sure if the template itself is able to do the update.
Cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:56 pm
But as you know support do not include migration help :( in particular old templates.
1) but yes, disable all gk plugins and later reinstall with version for j3 only
2) Use joomla 3.3.6 not J3.2
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.