How can I rename the template directory/folder

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:57 pm
Gavick templates are sweet but I don't want my code to have the template's name in the paths. I have tried to edit the configuration file but that doesn't do the trick. It looks like other elements of the template are referenceing the folder name (ex. gk_finance_business).

Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 pm
Hi

I'm afraid you will violate copyrights that way... and the process is quite more complicated.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 am
Seichinha wrote:Hi

I'm afraid you will violate copyrights that way... and the process is quite more complicated.

Cheers

Thank you. Didn't know that changing just the folder name is a copyright issue. Anyways I appreciate it!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:45 pm
Hi Seichinha,

Is this true? Since when does renaming Gavick template folder become a copyright violation? I have read several forum post that teibite and other Gavick support people teaching other just how to do that. Like this post:

https://www.gavick.com/forums/130/templ ... der#p72195

Is this something new? Do you have this line in your Terms of Use.

If this is new, although I like your templates I would have to look somewhere else. If I only know this before I bought subscription.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:44 am
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 pm
Hi Pawel,

Thanks for creating the documentation on how to rename the template name. I think you guys need to inform Seichinha as well since he told the poor guy that by just renaming the folder violates the License Agreement.

Thanks again!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm
It's fully legal to rename template folder name.
Seichinha - didn't check before he wrote "I'm afraid you will violate copyrights that way"

Don't worry - yes you can do this.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 pm
Hi Pawel,

I think this is kind of related here instead of creating a new entry. Its about the CSS files, which also have copyright information on top and in:

According to GavickPro terms and conditions – you can not remove the copyright information in the header of the template.xml file.

or Gavick php codes, in php code for me it's definitely fine to leave the Copyright info since it does not translate to anything that can be seen in the browser code view.

My question is, since CSS is tend to be user customizable, like what I usually do with Gavick template, at the end it no longer look like the base Gavick template since almost all part of the default CSS has been changed. Is it alright to remove the CSS Copyright information?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:57 pm
I will answer you as follows....
if most of css compressor "delete" css comments also ours in-build Gavern framework do this - it means that - yes :whistle:
I know that every KB reduced is very important.

About CSS customization, In most cases we suggest to use override.css file, where you can do anything you want.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 am
Thanks for clarifying about CSS :)

override.css in most cases yes, it works depending on how or what degree of customization. But some time I need to use a certain Gavick template as a base line template and come up with entirely new template, so I would have to modify all the CSS files. Like I have this Gavick Template started with Bike Store and it is now a combination of 3-4 other Gavick templates, override.css might not override everything that I needed to achieve.

Thanks again for the clarification, much appreciated! :)
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.