DateTimeZone:__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (0)

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:48 pm
Hi -- I just did the mini-migration from J 2.5.28 to 3.3.6 and have run into a DateTimeZone:__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (0) error when viewed from the front-end, which shows up in the template's custom 404 Page Not Found page.

After a bit of research, I've implemented a custom php.ini file with the date.timezone value configured properly and when tested in the admin Server Information PHP Information page, it shows up correctly as "America/New York". And I've made sure that the two offset parameters in the configuration.php file are also set to "America/New York". I also checked the timezone settings for each of my 6 users.

But I still get the same error when attempting to view the Home page by clicking the site name link in the top-right bar of the Admin page.

Is there any date.timezone or other configuration setting in the GK TWN II template that might be causing this error?

(Incidentally, the various GK plugins for this template caused many problems with JClass errors after doing the mini-migration. I had to uninstall them, reinstall, and unpublish, backup/restore many times, until I finally found versions which worked. The main problem ones were the GK open graph and GK extended menu plugins.)

Thanks for your help!
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:56 pm
Hi

Is this message telling what file the error can be ? Maybe it's stored in error_log file ?

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:11 pm
Hi Teitbite,

Thanks. No errors logged in the Joomla error_log file. I checked the cPanel log file and I'm getting these errors:

Code: Select all
[Tue Jan 06 10:54:10 2015] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] File does not exist: /home/account/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://account.com/staging/templates/gk_twn2/css/system/error4.css
[Tue Jan 06 10:54:10 2015] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] File does not exist: /home/account/public_html/staging/templates/gk_twn2/images/style4/menu_bg.png, referer: http://account.com/staging/templates/gk_twn2/css/system/error4.css
[Tue Jan 06 10:53:18 2015] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] File does not exist: /home/account/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://account.com/staging/templates/gk_twn2/css/system/error4.css
[Tue Jan 06 10:53:18 2015] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] File does not exist: /home/account/public_html/staging/templates/gk_twn2/images/style4/menu_bg.png, referer: http://account.com/staging/templates/gk_twn2/css/system/error4.css

I don't see any 404.shtml files anywhere. Is this a call from some old code? Other ideas?

Thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:30 pm
Hi

404.shtml is a server file showing no page has been found. This was probably triggered by one of the robots. Rest of the errors is all about missing file error4.css and menu_bg.png which is odd because I can see both this files in mentioned places are there in my copy of this template.

Please send me an access to ftp and joomla panel. I'll try to make some tests and hopefully find a solution.

GK User
Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 am
Hi Teitbite,

It turns out that this error was being caused by an old version of GK NewShowPro4. I had a tech do some sleuthing and the system error log revealed that it was something to do with a value of "0" being assigned by the module to the timezone. When I updated the module with the J3 version the problem went away. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, my tech was moving quickly and I didn't get the file name or line. I'm pretty sure it was a version of GK NSP4 for 2.5, though it could have been 1.7.

Thanks anyway.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 pm
Hi

Och. Thank You for the information. GK4 version of News Show Pro is not supported from some time, so I believe it's because of that. Instead of this module we have brought News Show Pro GK5 with same functionality as old module but extended of new sources and designed styles.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.