Dropline menu, submenus - tutorial

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:35 pm
Hi
I need some explaination.
I'd like to have the menu like in the demo. How to do this (Template -->>Lorem ipsum, Lorem ipsumII, Menu types etc)
and Template-->Lorem ipsum--->template articles-->typography (like in the photo)
http://cyganka17.pl/photo/photo_one.php?name=7375626d656e752e706e67&dir=6a6f6f6d6c61
I've installed the plugin gavickextmenu.
Please if its possible show me link to some tutorial. I'm looking for a solution in forum but i can't find nothing.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 pm
I would like to get an action which show me menu(its position) from middlemenu when I take a mouse on OIIB(menu position in topmenu1) e.g in 4 columns
http://cyganka17.pl/photo/photo_one.php?name=6d656e75342e706e67&dir=6a6f6f6d6c61
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 am
Hi

Here You can find a documentation about this: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... work-menu/

If You will have any problems with it please let me know.

GK User
Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm
Please a bit of explanation...
I don't understand the method of working..I'm beginner.
I've a menu OIIB_MENU and module for this menu - OIIB
http://cyganka17.pl/photo/photo_one.php?name=6f6969625f646f732e706e67&dir=6a6f6f6d6c61
menu contains 16 position.
http://cyganka17.pl/photo/photo_one.php?name=6f6969625f646f732e706e67&dir=6a6f6f6d6c61
one of them is DOS
http://cyganka17.pl/photo/photo_one.php ... 6f6f6d6c61
Now i have a question.
How I Can?
1. make an action which cause that this menu position (DOS and 15 others) will apear on mouseover on the other menu position for example (Etapy budowy which contains 9 position) - it is possible? (this menu position belongs to two different menus)

In example how you did that when you put mouse on template then you see loren ipsum and loren ipsum II (the groups are menues????) Lorem ipsum contains temple articles and module position (is these menu position???)
I can't make nothing of it....
Maybe we can use polish language?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 pm
Hi

You doesn't need to have a separated menu to show list of menu items it submenu while hovering. You can simply set this as subelements for this prior DOS (I believe) option. Than set for example 3 subelements (one for each column, 3 in this example) which would be a name of the column (You can hide this title, but it has to be there). Than simply add subelements into this level2 submenu.

You can also use a mod_menu module and show menu with it. For that You need to do the above but instead of adding level2 subelements You need to select to display a module in this place with a name specified. Than in module list attach a module to the same module position You have mentioned.

I understand I can be complicated, so please try with above and write to my mail directly (po Polsku :)). You describe me how You want it to looks like and I'll make it.

Sorry, this is an english base forum we need to use it so all users may benefit from solutions we may achieve.

teitbite
Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 pm
Hi

Na start po Polsku na prosbe z PM:

Wykonuje ten przyklad na elemencie News na twojej stronie wiec masz mozliwosc wgladu.

Pierwszym krokiem jest stworzenie tytulow dla kolumn w submenu. Tworzymy wiec 2 podmenu: Kolumna1, Kolumna2 jako podelementy News. Obie te kolumny musza miec zaznaczona opcje Group na YES w zakladce Menu Params (GavickPro). Nastepnie prypisujemy kolejne elementy menu do obu kolumn jakby to byly zwykle elementy podmenu. Na przykladzie przypisalem po 2 do kazdej opcji. Na koniec cofamy sie go opcji glownego elementu News i tam w zakladce Menu Params (GavickPro) wubieramy ilosc kolumn na 2. To wszystko.

---------

Now English for anyone else interested.

This example executes the news item on your side so you have the opportunity to insight.

The first step is to create titles for columns in the submenu. So we create two submenus: Column1, Column2 as subelements News. Both of these columns must have selected Options Group at YES Params menu tab (GavickPro). Then prypisujemy more menu items in both columns as if it were generally sub-menu items. For example assignments after 2 to each option. At the end of August it fall back option key element in the news and there Params menu tab (GavickPro) choose the number of columns to 2 That's all.

GK User
Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm
Thx. Now i understand everything....submenu......I've said that I'm beginner.....masakra..thx a lot :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 pm
Hi

No problem glad I could help. You can also add a module using the same additional settings than during setting a group title. Just select a module position name there.

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:21 pm
Hi,
I have the same problem with menu now....
I made everything what you had said.... but I've got one column with two rows...I want to have two columns...
On priv I send you acces to my site.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:57 am
Hi

Can You please tell me the url to the site where I can see it ? The one from PM is showing a 404 error page.

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:38 pm
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 pm
Hi

Looks like problem can be because of the submenu hitting edge of the site. Please try add this to use a right aligned submenu:

Code: Select all
#gkMainMenu .gkMenu > ul > li:hover > .childcontent,
#gkMainMenu .gkMenu > ul > li:hover > .childcontent li:hover > .childcontent {
    left: auto;
    right: 0;
}

GK User
Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 pm
Of course it helped. thx
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.