Facebook fb.app_id problem

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:31 pm
The Facebook scraper shows this: type 'website' is invalid because the given value '' for property 'fb:app_id' could not be parsed as type 'fbid'.

I have tried turning off everything related to social sites. it is still there. This is in the head of every page at the very beginning: <meta property="fb:app_id" content="" /> Then further down it appears again but this time it has the app id included. It is the first one that is blank and we can't find where it is coming from. We have turned off everything and it is still there. As of now we have enabled the social sharing, and it is there.

I tried turning off all Social in available in World New II, with no luck. I turned everything back on just now and still the same.

Is is possible to just turn off all social media related features in this template so I can use a 3rd party extensions to fix all of this?

If so, how do I turn everything related to social media and authentication foff in World News II?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:20 am
Please remember that other extensions may also add this part to your code for example K2. Do you have any other Facebook related extensions?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:35 am
bkrztuk wrote:Please remember that other extensions may also add this part to your code for example K2. Do you have any other Facebook related extensions?

We uninstalled K2 on this template. Can you PLEASE tell us how to remove all Social media functions from this template that Gavick has built in?? Then we can start tracking where this is coming from. Yes we have a 3rd party extension we will be using for plugin and for social login. We did uninstall it to try and find where the header meta tag is coming from, but that didn't help. What we want to do now, is remove all social media from the template itself so we can trace and track this error.

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 pm
If disabling them via template settings is not working probably the only way is to remove SocialAPI code from template/html/com_content/articles/default.php file.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:26 pm
bkrztuk wrote:If disabling them via template settings is not working probably the only way is to remove SocialAPI code from template/html/com_content/articles/default.php file.

Ok thank you. Can you tell me exactly what I need to remove from the file? PLEASE!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:48 pm
All code between sociaAPI tags you will find them at the end of file.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:33 pm
bkrztuk wrote:All code between sociaAPI tags you will find them at the end of file.

Ok. I tried that (see my attached modified default.php file) but in the head of every page it still shows:
<meta property="fb:app_id" content="" />

This causes problems with facebook. As we are using a 3rd party extension which adds all related og info required. Even when we disable all plugins and modules or components related to any social media the meta property is still being added.

You can see source of page here: view-source:http://www.crystalwind.ca/

Can you help with this? :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:46 am
Could you provide me URL to your website? I'll check head area in source code, maybe this tag is just added by 3rd party extensions not by our template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:04 am
bkrztuk wrote:Could you provide me URL to your website? I'll check head area in source code, maybe this tag is just added by 3rd party extensions not by our template.

Thank you. go here: www.crystalwind.ca
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:31 am
I see on your website several facebook related scripts and this share extension have to add this tag also so why you suspect this is template issue? Please disable all facebook extensions like share, fb likebox and check whether you get the same error in console.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:48 am
bkrztuk wrote:I see on your website several facebook related scripts and this share extension have to add this tag also so why you suspect this is template issue? Please disable all facebook extensions like share, fb likebox and check whether you get the same error in console.

Please reread first post in this thread!! We already did that! We tried disabling everything and it still shows. This is a template issue. That much we have already figured out. Please tell us where this is being generated by template or Gavick extensions.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:10 am
Sorry but it is not true, please look this is screenshot of your HEAD area screenshot and here is the screenshot of template quickstart installation package » screenshot

As you can see there is no this tag in our clean quickstart package. You can make a quick test and install package even on localhost - you will see that our products don't add this tag.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Sorry but it is not true, please look this is screenshot of your HEAD area screenshot and here is the screenshot of template quickstart installation package » screenshot

As you can see there is no this tag in our clean quickstart package. You can make a quick test and install package even on localhost - you will see that our products don't add this tag.

Ok thanks for the update. So now we don't know where this is coming from. It is not in the database and we have nothing else generating this code. Strange.... We have no idea how to fix this now. Thanks for the help.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:33 am
My advise is to check your plugins - sometimes component install plugin automatically and which can add this code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 am
bkrztuk wrote:My advise is to check your plugins - sometimes component install plugin automatically and which can add this code.

Thanks. I turned off every plugin. Still there. :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:00 am
I have no idea which may cause this issue in your installation. Please try to install another template and make a test then but use another mainmenu (to avoid publishing modules)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I have no idea which may cause this issue in your installation. Please try to install another template and make a test then but use another mainmenu (to avoid publishing modules)

Thank you for suggestion. I tried it and yes the head is clear of any FB information. So now I have to somehow find where this is. I searched the database and did not find it.

Could an .htaccess file have something to do with this? Even though ours has nothing related to FB in it. Future dated expires?

I found something that is strange. There is a plugin that has been disabled, called 'parameters'. I cannot remove this plugin using the joomla un-install/manage function. It tells me that: Plugin Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found. Is this a possible file that was installed with this template or modules, that was left behind when I upgraded template and modules to latest versions?
I can go into the DB and with myPHPadmin remove this. I am a little concerned that it may cause other problems if I remove it. I do have a backup just in case.

Thanks for the help! :)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 am
It is really strange issue :) but when you find out what cause this problem please let us know.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.