Font issue on TWN II

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 pm
Hello,
I'm experiencing a problem with the font.
When I write "season 2013/14" it shows 2013 very high and 14 very low as if it were a fraction.
The same thing is with numbers such as "4th" - it shows "th" very high above the normal level of the line.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:00 am
Hello,

Could you provide me an URL to the website which contains an example of this problem?
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 am
Yes, of course, here it is: http://belarustimes.by/index.php/sport/ ... ava-alytus

You can see many such "th"-issues there.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:41 am
Your problem is caused by an extension which adds the truetypography.css file to your page.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:34 pm
Thank you. I'll look into it.

Another little issue is with pagination in NSP modules.
When I choose the "arrows and pagination" option I see some strange triangles over your default NSP pagination buttons. Here is an example on my home page (the vertical module called "popluar" in the middle of the page): http://belarustimes.by/
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:43 pm
And I've just noticed one more thing, also with pagination but aleady in the component: http://belarustimes.by/index.php/all-po ... s?start=20.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:09 pm
Regarding the NSP pagination problem - please disable an usage of the default CSS files in the all module instances.

Did you modified the component views? Because as I see in the template source code there should be a container with the pagination class, but on your page there is no container like this.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 pm
If you mean source code I didn't modify any of it because I'm a novice and this is my first and probably last website.
I only modified CSS in order to improve design.
It's surprising that this pagination exists, I can see it in my browser but this vertical layout is ugly :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:01 pm
1) In the "category blog" pagination works fine.
But the thing is that I will need a "category list" view.

2) Concerning NSP pagination: should I disable default CSS in all NSP modules that I have on my website (I have a lot of these NSP modules)? Because when I disabled default CSS only in one module nothing happened with pagination there. I still saw those triangles.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 am
1) Please try to create file html/pagination.php in the template directory with following content:

Code: Select all
<?php

// Pagination override

// no direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

function pagination_list_render($list) {
   // Reverse output rendering for right-to-left display.
   $html = '<nav class="pagination"><ul>';
   $html .= '<li class="pagination-start">'.$list['start']['data'].'</li>';
   $html .= '<li class="pagination-prev">'.$list['previous']['data'].'</li>';

if(count($list['pages']) >= 7) {
      $founded = false;

for($i = 1; $i <= count($list['pages']); $i++) {
         if($list['pages'][$i]['active'] != 1) {
            $founded = $i;
            break;
         }
      }

if($i == 1 && $founded > $i + 2) {
            $html .= '<li><span>&hellip;</span></li>';
         }

if($i == count($list['pages']) && $founded < $i - 2) {
            $html .= '<li><span>&hellip;</span></li>';
         }

if($i >= $founded - 2 && $i <= $founded + 2) {
            $html .= '<li>'.$list['pages'][$i]['data'].'</li>';
         }
      }
   } else {
         $html .= '<li>'.$list['pages'][$i]['data'].'</li>';
      }
   }

$html .= '<li class="pagination-next">'. $list['next']['data'].'</li>';
   $html .= '<li class="pagination-end">'. $list['end']['data'].'</li>';
   $html .= '</ul></nav>';

return $html;
}

function pagination_item_active($item) {
   $app = JFactory::getApplication();

if ($app->isAdmin()) {
      if ($item->base > 0) {
         return "<a title=\"".$item->text."\" onclick=\"document.adminForm." . $this->prefix . "limitstart.value=".$item->base."; Joomla.submitform();return false;\">".$item->text."</a>";
      } else {
         return "<a title=\"".$item->text."\" onclick=\"document.adminForm." . $this->prefix . "limitstart.value=0; Joomla.submitform();return false;\">".$item->text."</a>";
      }
   } else {
      return "<a title=\"".$item->text."\" href=\"".$item->link."\" class=\"pagenav\">".$item->text."</a>";
   }
}

function pagination_item_inactive($item) {
   $app = JFactory::getApplication();

if ($app->isAdmin()) {
      return "<span>".$item->text."</span>";
   } else {
      return "<span class=\"pagenav\">".$item->text."</span>";
   }
}

// EOF

2) Yes, you have to disable the default CSS code in all NSP instances, because the CSS code is loaded once time and even if it is enabled in one instance, it will override all module instances.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:35 pm
I fixed NSP pagination and typography, it all worked as you said.

However, the pagination code for the category list did not fix the problem. I still see the vertical layout.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:31 pm
In this case please send me an FTP access to your website using the Private Message.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 am
Problem should be fixed now - I've modified a little bit files html/pagination.php and css/joomla.css
Administrator

GK User
Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:23 pm
Thank you, Dziudek :D

I noted one thing, by the way, but I don't know whether it's connected with the template. On the "tag blog" page instead of seeing the name of the tag I see the name of my website. On this page (http://belarustimes.by/index.php/compon ... statistics) I see "BelarusTimes" instead of "Statistics".

PS
I will definitely recommend your website if someone wants to make a website on joomla or wordpress!
Great support and templates!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:40 am
Please check if the page title is set in the menu item connected with the mentioned page.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm
In those tags to which a menu item is assigned everything is OK and I see the tag name. But of course I cannot assign menu items to all my tags, I will have hundrends of them. The problem is only with the tags to which no menu item is assigned.

So instead of "Statistics", which is not assigned to any menu, I see:
COM_​TAGS_​DEFAULT_​PAGE_​TITLE
BelarusTimes
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 am
For me it is a bug in joomla, because we are not overriding views with tags in this template. If it is a problem for you, you can try to add the following phrase in the template language file:

COM_​TAGS_​DEFAULT_​PAGE_​TITLE=""
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.