Using Green style (#4) on desktop, but mobile is Red

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:10 pm
Hi Gavick,

I'm using TWN II for J2.5 and I am having a problem with the mobile display. I have the desktop template set to use the Green style (style4.css) but the mobile version appears to be using the Red style (the mobile buttons and link text are in red).

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Railer
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:11 am
Hi,
we don't support this template anymore, as you can read in breadcrumbs.
But I will try a help a little bit.
1) Which color (style) you're using as a default ?
2) Can you share URL here ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:02 pm
BTW
are you sure that leaving current footer info & color chooser which you have now is good idea?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:08 pm
I think I know what was wrong.
In this folder there you will find all mobile styles: templates\gk_twn2\css\mobile

I suggest to edit those:
gk_twn2\css\mobile\android.css
gk_twn2\css\mobile\iphone.css

In both you will find :
Code: Select all
a { color: #cb260a; } /* links color */

just replace with green --> #4A7B2B and save.

Happy New Year Boston
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:20 pm
Thanks Oscar, that helped with the links. I also had to remake the mobile interface elements in the gk_twn2/images/mobile directory by modify their Hue/Saturation values to green in Fireworks and exporting new pngs.

It's odd that the desktop template gives you 6 color options, but the mobile version only has red gui elements. An oversight, perhaps?

Thanks for your help!
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:02 pm
Yes, in mobile there was only red links. Rest was taken from styles.
Why it was build in this way, I have no idea. In new templates is much better now.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:59 pm
By the way, in addition to the css line you mentioned, I also had to change the background hexidecimal color for the following button and form element class selectors in the various mobile template stylesheets at or around line 49:

Code: Select all
/* buttons and other form elements */
button,
.button,
input[type=button],
input[type=submit] { border: none; /* ORIG -- background:#cb260a; */ background: #7AA638; height: 26px; line-height: 26px; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; padding: 0 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px; }

These cover the color of the Close and Back buttons which appear when the Menu is opened. (Note that I used a different, lighter, green than the one you specified -- #7AA638).
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:35 pm
you can remove css comments, this template won't be updated so you don't have to worry about it.
And less bytes means quicker site.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.