Update to latest version of MyFolio is failing

Create a successful portfolio or freelance web design showcase website Joomla theme discussion forum.
GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:09 pm
I'm trying to update my template to v2.16.2, but am getting the following error message
" -1 - An error has occurred.
Copy failed
Return to Control Panel"
I'm able to update Joomla, can use the Update function in Extension Manager to update internal modules, etc.

The permissions all seem to be correct in the relevant folders etc.

Can anyone help me please?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm
You could try to manually replace the files with use of ftp client.

GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:53 pm
Cyberek wrote:You could try to manually replace the files with use of ftp client.

I've customised a few of the template css files (as well as some override css), so which files do I replace, and which do I keep?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:24 pm
Customizing core files is always worse possible idea - for css you should always use override.css.
Now you need to merge manually the changes - I would suggest to use merge software of some kind but it might be a problematic way. Or just replace files that you haven't changed and merge files that you have changed.

GK User
Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 am
Cyberek wrote:Customizing core files is always worse possible idea - for css you should always use override.css.
Now you need to merge manually the changes - I would suggest to use merge software of some kind but it might be a problematic way. Or just replace files that you haven't changed and merge files that you have changed.

Hi Cyberek,
Yes, that does seem a more sensible option. I'm kind of new to Joomla, so it's a learning curve for me.
I'll be sure to keep all modifications in override.css from now on.
Thanks for your help! :D
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:04 pm
I'm glad I could help.
If You will have any other questions, feel free to post new forum threads. It helps us to answer more quickly.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.