Desktop Version link in footer on mobile

Create an ecommerce website in few minutes with this amazing Joomla ecommerce VirtueMart template.
GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:48 pm
I cannot get this bugger to go away :roll:

I have the option in template settings turned to "off" which deletes the button on the mobile menu...but the link in the footer still remains.

I went to templates/boutique/layouts/blocks and edited footer.php to remove

Code: Select all
 <?php if(isset($_COOKIE['gkGavernMobile'.$tpl_name]) &&
          $_COOKIE['gkGavernMobile'.$tpl_name] == 'desktop') : ?>
            <a href="javascript:setCookie('gkGavernMobile<?php echo $tpl_name; ?>', 'mobile', 365);window.location.reload();"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_SWITCH_TO_MOBILE'); ?></a>
            <?php endif; ?>

uploaded it, cleared browser cache and refreshed. Link remains at footer.

Main reason for wanting to delete it is because I cannot get it to work normally. When viewing in mobile, I can click "Switch to Desktop" just fine. But when wanting to switch back to mobile using the button at the top of the link at the bottom, nothing happens.

I'm pretty certain it has something to do w/ the fact that I've renamed the directory for the template, and probably an issue with cookies, but I don't even know where to begin fixing that.

So if either a fix for the directory/cookie would work, or, if possible, just removing those footer links on both versions (desktop and mobile) then I am happy =)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm
Did you change all occurrences of template name in all files? It is probably cause that cookie is stored with wrong template name.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Did you change all occurrences of template name in all files? It is probably cause that cookie is stored with wrong template name.

I thought I did, but I think it's the case and I've missed something somewhere .. I'm just not sure where it could be ... where are the cookie names generated?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:00 am
Cookie is saved by gk.script.js and also in mobile scripts. Template name in gk.framework.php file should be also changed.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:14 am
I went and checked those files and I don't see any reference of gk_boutique in any of them unfortunately.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 am
Did you use some tool to search phrase inside file? My advise is to download all template files and use Sublime text or some other tools to make sure that boutique phrase don't exist anywhere.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 pm
Yes, I used windows grep to search the entire series of files and no record of boutique showed up
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:50 pm
Could you give me your website URL ?
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.