Please help me configure Facebook options through site

Create an ecommerce website in few minutes with this amazing Joomla ecommerce VirtueMart template.
GK User
Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:35 pm
The page allows you to "like" and share an article to your Facebook page, but it does not show up on your profile page, and, it only shows up for a few moments.

After Googling around, it appears as though it's because it's improperly configured...

Is there a guide that walks you through setting this up, step by step, from beginning to end?

Another thing I've noticed is when it does share, it's not including the image from the article, just the URL...is there any way to tweak that?

Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:29 am
nevermind - finally figured it out!

For all those who may have a similar situation - the main culprit was "Gzip compression" mine was turned on, and Facebook wouldn't do anything with me. I turned off gzip compression, and Facebook can suddenly see my site again...images and all. I had to run several urls through their lint tool, to debug, but then all seems to be working again.

Now the only problem im having is if I try to share the MAIN PAGE...it shares just fine to Facebook, but FB can't find any images, and reports these 3 errors...

Inferred Property The 'og:url' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:title' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Can you please help me solve this?
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.