unable to load user after deleting ole user

Create an ecommerce website in few minutes with this amazing Joomla ecommerce VirtueMart template.
GK User
Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:34 am
Used quickinstall on Boutique...deleted old user that came pre-installed

I've already changed all K2 articles over to my new user name...but I still get this error on every page on the template

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 314
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm
Hi

Some other source must have been attached to this user. The easiest would be to make a dump of database and search for records with "314" value in it to specifie which one could it be.

GK User
Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 am
OKay - I did that - and it produced several results...but how in the world can I hope to figure out what they're attached to?

I've gone through every article - every comment - every category, and replaced all of the "created by" with my new user, and im still getting this error
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:33 am
Because you didn't change all, and Joomla still searching for real author in articles, k2 items and comments. Please next time dont delete old users but just rename they login and password and disable user - it would help you safe your time.
Second solution, for next time, delete all demo content and add yours from beginning. Than Joomla won't find delete user content.

:idea: Solution for now. very easy. In joomla create new user and in PhpMyAdmin change his ID from new one to "old" one. Than you can disable (not delete) this user.
I don't understand why you delete all users but leave old content, this demo content I don't beleave that you will use it on real page.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:27 am
I installed sample content so I can play around w/ the template and see everything it has to offer... I deleted the old user because I didn't realize it'd do what it did...was just messing around w/ it.

I was finally able to get the error to go away, it took a while, but it's done.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 am
Hi

Looking at database dump You should be able to determine which tables are still keeping the deleted user id and thanks to that know where to look. For example if user id is visible in K2 items table than You need to chek what item id is it and look for it in the panel.

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:21 pm
It's because Joomla for each article or K2 item have relationships with specific user, remember about this next time, that's all. This CMS is really advanced.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.