Cache in combination with Virtuemart Cart Module

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri May 25, 2012 9:31 am
Hello,

Earlier I made a post about some problems with my Cache settings with the Boutique template. Right now I just turned everything off. I kept having problems with my shopping cart. Both the module and the actual check out pages where articles were not added and everything.

How can I enable cache for the website but disable caching of the Virtuemart Cart Module and the checkout page(s). Except for maybe the menu's and the css.

Hope you can help me out!
The site is www.sunwood.nl

Thanks,
Wout
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:34 am
Hi

Can You please tell me how this problem looks like ? In my case with or without cache cart is acting normaly.

GK User
Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 pm
Ok.
When i'm on a certain product's page. Let's say Product A. And I add that product to my cart the cart is updated.
After that I would go to product B's page and add product B to my cart. The cart is updated saying there are two articles in my cart. However when I go back to the page of Product A, which is cached, it says there is only one product in my cart.
To not have this I had to disable the system cache and GK cache problem. Weird enough I get duplicate pages when I disable the GK cache problem.

One solution could be to simply remove the cart module but I'm afraid that the same problem will exist on the checkout page as well. Like when somebody goes to the checkout page, then adds some other product and goes to the checkout page again and the new added products don't show up.

I hope you can figure out a proper solution for this.
Thanks,
Wout
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:25 pm
Hi

If You see a double content that You indeed got a problem with cache. Please send me an access to joomla panel. I'll check server configuration and see if this can be helped.

teitbite
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm
Hi

The access You've send me is not working. Can You please check it and send a correct one ?

GK User
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:22 am
Allright. I got a bit further with everything.
I used JCH Optimize together with JOT Cache to get my website loading pretty fast. With JOT Cache I can select which components (and views) to exclude from caching. In my case only the checkout pages are excluded which is not possible with the regular cache plugins. Everything else on the website is now cached and it works pretty fast. The only downside to this is that I can not use is the Virtuemart Cart module. For some reason the cart module is affected by the system cache plugin instead of the normal module cache setting (in system preferences). I also had no succes trying to exclude the module position 'cart' from caching using JOT cache.

The duplicate articles were simply a result of not disabling GK Cache in the template's settings.

If it would be possible in some way to exclude the cart position from caching (using JOTcache or something else) this would be great. Just FYI: The Boutique demo site has the same problem where the cart is not updated when loading a previously visited page.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm
Hi

I believe this is the way cart was made. We do not have our own cart module, so probably it's designers can help with that.

Unfortunately I cannot help with JOTcache, because I do not know it at all :(

A double content in 90% of cases I've checked was solved by PHP update on the server. What PHP version are You using ?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.