Insert Header Script arrrghh!!!

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm
I am getting this at the top of my 3.6 joomla news template website frontend after following gavick suggestion to use EXTJS/CSS Custom plugin -

try{$Gavick;}catch(e){$Gavick = {};} $Gavick["gk_ajax_search"] = { "container_id": "gkSearch", "delay": "500", "length": "3", "lang_close": "Close", "lang_all_results": "View all results", "lang_no_results": "No results for specified phrase…" }

Any suggestions how to get rid of it with out reversing insert in header via plugin and disabling plugin? Thanks Guys
:roll:
Tom
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:03 pm
PLEASE!!!! Is there someone who shed some light on step by step how to add header script for advertising into the header of gavick template for all pages on a joomla 3.6 I have been trying for many weeks to discover this highly frustrating secret answer. Search for 'insert Header script ' recommends plugins that dont work. There must be a safe step by step manual way?
:sick:
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 am
Hi

I'm afraid I do not understand Your question. Where can this error be visible? Can You share an URL to where problem can be seen ?

If You mean to only add some scripts than it can be done in /layouts/blocks/head.php which is a section between <head></head>

GK User
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 am
Thanks Teitbite I sorted the problem. The question was where can I directly insert header script necessary for advertising.I am using a plugin I sourced now to do it. But thank you for the answer I am glad to know it.
BTW the article on this website about plugins for inserting header script has links that are either not found or incompatible. The plugin I found independently and I am using is called mod_openx_spc but they warn it is out of date and incompatible with Joomla but in my desperation I downloaded it and used it and it is working fine......so far !
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:42 pm
Hi

That's great. Thank You for clearing it out. Will let guys know to update documentation.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.