Error - You are not authorised to view

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 am
Hello

After moving site to another server, I get this error on k2 pages. Although error is from Joomla

"You are not authorised to view this resource. Task: category"

How to fix that? Or at least, remove it from showing.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:02 pm
Hi

Please check if this category is set to public view. If Yes this may be a corrupted file issue which is happening during moving files between servers and a solution to that is to copy it one more time.

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 pm
Hi

Already checked everything that could be a problem with permissions or views. Nothing wrong.
Could you point me to files which could be corrupted to give this error?

Few minutes ago, I've updated Joomla to 2.5.7, so I presume it's not a joomla file that is corrupted. Theme files maybe?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 am
Hi

Update only replaces changed modified files, so it still can be joomla. Please send me an access to joomla panel and I'll check it.

teitbite
Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:46 am
Hi

I cannot find anything restricted so this message should not be visible at all. Please use this code to simply hide it:

Code: Select all
#system-message dd {
    display: none;
}

GK User
Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 am
Yes, all settings are ok. Thank you for this fix

Best regards
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 pm
Hi

This is not a fix. More of a cover up, but I see no other way to get rid of it right now. Must be some joomla glitch.

GK User
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 pm
I know, but for our clients, it's a fix :) Like you said, it's probably some corrupted file, but everything is working fine, so no worries.

Cheers
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.