Game lockout

GK User
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:12 pm
HELP! I have the game lockout, the three sites are no more than the cover, to give out any button Error message: Internal Server Error, I have asked twice hostgator.com technical service, where I have hosted sites and they say : Okay, so it looks like you're trying to use SEF urls. But you do not have the correct htaccess code to support SEF urls Those using. It does not happen Automatically, Which is Also confusing the server. You'd need to look into a developer Perhaps To Have them take a look and add the code for SEF url Necessary support for your account.
But they do not go beyond that is subject to third-party software, like someone said here on Gavick. I can do? I close my shop? I forget everything? CAN NOT BE! I need someone to help me, THANKS!

See please: www.silva1.net, joomla 2.5.8 www.centrocristianoimperial.com, joomla 2.5.8, www.designiocc.com, joomla 1.5.24 :)
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 pm
Hi

All 3 websites got broke at the same time ? Doesn't look like a website issue. If it's as said a SEF issue than I would recoment to disable SEF. Try using a joomla default one. I believe they had changed/reconfigured/disabled mod_rewrite on the server and this is why problems are shown.

GK User
Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm
Thanks teitbite to address the issue, thank you be a little more specific about the solution you propose. I know nothing about programming and want to understand what to do to fix this problem. ;)
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:24 pm
Turn off all functions for friendly URLs and sites can again function as corroboration www.silva1.net, www.centrocristianoimperial.com, designiocc.com, but I think it is ideal, if it is governed by. Htacces, or where it is to be modified, I'd appreciate your help teitbite.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm
Hi

Sure no problem. Please send me a joomla panel access to one of this sites and I'll check if joomla has anything to do with problem.

GK User
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:34 pm
Gladly, http://www.silva1.net/administrator/
[access edited by moderator]

http://www.designiocc.com with the same key. 1.5.24 :whistle:
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:31 pm
Hi

This is a public forum, so I've removed the access from here. It was not working anyway. Please send me a proper one via PM or mail.

teitbite
Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 am
Hi

I was able to log in with new access and looks like it is a server problem after all. Whenever I use anything related with mod_rewrite site got broken. Please check if You have .htaccess file in a joomla folder at all and try replace it with a file from clean version. If this will not work than please show Your host provider that this issue is happening only if mod_rewrite is activated.

GK User
Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:23 pm
Thanks teitbite, the times I've asked for help to the server, the technicians have put his hand to .htaccess, to corrupt. already loaded a fresh version and works better. At least supports friendly URLs.
However, the staff has to clear the cache problems, never completely erased, I would appreciate a look at this sector. Making any change is a problem because you have to make several attempts to make the system make any changes. Do not think this is normal. Thanks for your time. :)
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 am
Hi

Unfortunately it's a common issue. New servers are using a cloud cache, so clearing cache is not taking effect for hours sometimes. Anyway joomla can have a problem with this on it's own. So You should also purge the expired cache from time to time.

The corrupted htaccess makes me thinking that it wasn't the only problem I''ve seen at panel which will point to broken files. I think it would be a good idea to reinstall joomla to be sure all files are ok.

GK User
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:30 am
As re-install joomla? I climb the Appsite and unzip in the root of www.silva1.net?. Can you tell me the process? The application does not recognize any image eXtplorer says: JASON Decoder erro: Unexpected Identifier. The site has many problems, maybe reinstallation reset it. Thanks again for your help. :?:
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 am
Hi

First make a backup, use Akeeba Backup component for it. Than I prefere direct FTP overwrite, but this is the most risky way of doing it. It's easy to overwrite some useful stuff.

I think the best way will be to use a package from joomla site and update it to the latest version. This will overwrite most of the files.

GK User
Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 pm
Someone suggests the following, the problem is knowing which files should be deleted. Tip:
"The easiest thing would be to rename or delete the directory containing from manager to temp, and re-upload via FTP, in this way you do not lose anything at all."

I imagine that my data will remain in the database.

I appreciate your proposal will specify.

Since I made the backup with Akeeba. thanks! :P
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 am
Hi

Yes both methods are mostly the same, becuase You will have a copy of site's files in both cases. I like akeeba better, because I need to click just a couple of times and have a backup while renaming folders will take some time.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.